Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I hope these fawns survive the bears and wolves.  (Read 1418 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
First fawn pictures of the 2022 season

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope they stay off the highways. I've seen at least 3 hit in the last two weeks.  :sad:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Closest highway (road) is 2 miles away, so I think they are safe from cars. I might hit one on my wheeler though.  :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
D.E,that old stump is like a water cooler in my old office,critters are attracted to it,just a good ole hang out.

Looks like your 2022 season is off to a good start critter wise,my place in sodak took a big hit weather wise this spring,our upland birds had a mild winter but heavy rain/storms took a toll,I purchased 100 chick pheasants this season from my neighbor who raises them for his hunting operation,we release these birds around 12 weeks old,my neighbor claims they have a better chance at survival once they're half grown,I released 200 pheasants last summer but still lost a bunch,hawks yotes,cars,road hunters etc...

odd thing is I rarely shoot the birds on my land,instead I travel to different locations.I'll let friends dust a few when they visit at my place,but it's like raising pet's by the time they have color they wander around the yard like chickens some days,my golden reminds them they're trespassing...it's all fun and enjoyable but my age is slowing me down,old bones snap ,crackle n pop every morning waking up trying to straighten up.hard life  rode hard in my younger days,paying my dues today .

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
snow1, I know just what you mean about not hunting the ones you see every day. We could shoot a deer just about every day from the cabin but no, we bundle up and go sit in a tree someplace else. Go figure.  :rotflmao: