Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: So sad.  (Read 1555 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
PRESS RELEASE...
ASSAULT ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER...
Bemidji MN, June 20th, 2022: At approximately 6:29PM on June 19th, 2022 Beltrami County Deputies were dispatched to an assault that occurred on the Mississippi River between Power Dam Road NE and Roosevelt Road SE, located approximately six miles east of Bemidji, MN in Frohn Township.
Two groups of people were tubing down the Mississippi River when they stopped on a shallow spot in the river.  The two groups, comprised of approximately 25 people, got into an argument which lead to a large fight.  During the fight, Alleyah Marie Goodman (age 20) of Deer River stabbed Raquel Karen-Holly Kornezos (age 21) of Bemidji in the arm. The groups separated and called law enforcement.
Law enforcement made contact with Kornezos at the Mississippi River Bridge on Roosevelt Road SE. They provided aid and Bemidji Ambulance transported her to the Bemidji Sanford Emergency Department for medical treatment. A short time later, law enforcement located Goodman and arrested her without incident. Goodman was booked into the Beltrami County Jail for 2nd Degree Assault and Minor Consumption.
The Leech Lake Police Department, MN State Patrol, Bemidji Police Department, Bemidji Ambulance and North Country First Responders assisted the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office.
Chief Deputy Jarrett Walton
Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Very sad.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the sad new norm
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is sad what people have turned into.  Hate and violence.  I read awhile back that Bemidji is the most violent city in MN per capita.  Just googled it.  Bemidji is the most dangerous city in MN. 
« Last Edit: June 06/20/22, 11:19:47 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is sad what people have turned into.  Hate and violence.  I read awhile back that Bemidji is the most violent city in MN per capita.  Just googled it.  Bemidji is the most dangerous city in MN.
Wow, that is crazy.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Who and why would anyone have a knife tubing!sad as it is I'll bet "goodman doesn't have a bikini body" just sayin.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Who and why would anyone have a knife tubing!sad as it is I'll bet "goodman doesn't have a bikini body" just sayin.
This link appears to have her mugshot.  One Arrested After Stabbing in Bemidji

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wow, that is crazy.

Maybe I’ll stay in the Twin cities after all…
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Or go further North.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cities, never
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing I stopped throwing sinkers at the tubers/skiers if they are carrying knives now..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good thing I stopped throwing sinkers at the tubers/skiers if they are carrying knives now..
they weren't lead sinkers, though right!! :rotflmao:

I remember back in the day ya beat someone up, or got beat up  :confused: :pouty:. Now ya need to just be really pizzed and walk away for fear of what's happens nowadays  :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I hadn't seen the statistics but I know when we've left Bemidji for Canada, Bill has pointed out some of the rough areas. Most of the roughest area is where people are living in government subsidized housing.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

I hadn't seen the statistics but I know when we've left Bemidji for Canada, Bill has pointed out some of the rough areas. Most of the roughest area is where people are living in government subsidized housing.

:doah:  Say it ain't so!!   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093