Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Peanut Butter  (Read 1168 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm a fan but don't like the Skippy brand for some reason.
My local stores a couple of weeks ago pulled all the Jiff brand off the shelves due to a recall. So yesterday when shopping the Peter Pan brand had taken Jiffs place on the shelf. I bought a jar and tried it out on my toast this morning. I couldn't tell the difference between it & Jiff. So being a conspiracy guy   :coffee:  I wonder........what happened to all the Jiff that was recalled from across the country?   :scratch: Would they throw it all away? Seems like a bunch of money. Maybe, just maybe they sent it all to some secret warehouse in New Mexico where it was all emptied from the jar, the jar washed and the same peanut butter refilled into it. Slap a Peter Pan label on it and ship it out and nobody is the wiser.   :doah:

Oh well, the peanut butter is good and I have some so thats all that matters.   :rotflmao:   :smoking:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm not fussy with PB, as long as isn't generic.

The recall was for samanella. And certain lot numbers.

Yea dutchy not thinking they'd do that.  :rotflmao: someone would rat them out!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ah but Glenn, the salmonella wasn't spread throughout all the batches. Some were ok. So if you mix all the good with a little bit of bad......... :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Conspiracy.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      I was under the belief that you couldn't send it back. My wife had 3 big jars full (I already ate one) and my daughter had some of the peanut butter. Daughter went online, gave them some information and told her to throw it away. Sent her coupons for free jars the same size.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
      I was under the belief that you couldn't send it back. My wife had 3 big jars full (I already ate one) and my daughter had some of the peanut butter. Daughter went online, gave them some information and told her to throw it away. Sent her coupons for free jars the same size.

Good info. I had 1 3/4 jars I took back to the store. They gave me a refund on the spot.