Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Food processing~  (Read 2971 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Plants take two~

We had a thread on this a couple months ago,recently more plants up in flames.

I had some time and did some snooping around on this issue. Just a list of what's been torched or damaged in the past couple years that has to do with food production, food processing, and food distribution. It's quite a list and for the big ones like General Mills and Tyson, it's just one plant or facility, but still impacts the bigger picture. It wouldn't peak my interest if they were just warehouses or storage facilities as those can be replaced in a couple months. It's the processing plants that carry the weight IMO. Those are years to replace assuming you can find the supplies, equipment, and other pieces needed to get them back up and running.

Some of the food processing plants that went up in flames:

Azure Standard Foods
Bonanza Meat Co.
Cargill-Nutrena Feed Mill
Deli Star
East Conway Beef and Pork
General Mills
Idaho’s Gem State Processing Facility
JBS
Louis Dreyfus Company, largest soybean processing and biodiesel plant in the country
Maid-Rite Steak Co.
Maricopa Food Pantry
McCrum Potato Facility
Nestle
Nutrien Ag Solutions Fertilizer Plant
Raw Farm, largest raw milk producer in the country
Rio Fresh
Shearer’s Foods
Smithfield Foods
Taylor Farms

Conspiracy?  coincidence?
« Last Edit: June 06/22/22, 12:11:51 PM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife told me last week that 21 plants have burned in the last 2 years and another was last week. A part of me is really starting to  :scratch:. There is something fishy me thinks.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
insurance  :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my first thought Mike.  Are any of the arson or are they electrical fires or what?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
How old are some of these plants??? I know food processing has strict sanitary codes, but what about maintenance??? Down time costs money ya know??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying to collect on these small plants so they can build bigger ones?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It certainly makes a person  :scratch:.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’d put my money on PETA…I have a bunch they also have something to do with the Lone star tick that contains the alpha-gal syndrome.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Their goal for years has been to make it so expensive to eat meat that people can't afford it.  That is where all of the free range chickens to beef originated.  Even though most beef is free range and then fattened up with grain at the end.  I could care less if the chicken is in a cage so I know the egg wasn't laying around and got missed for awhile before someone found it.  Same with pork.  They keep making that a pain in the butt for pork raisers too. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my first thought Mike.  Are any of the arson or are they electrical fires or what?

That's is why this is so suspicious,nary a word from the media,gotta go looking for information,what better way to bring a nation down,our energy and then our food supply....hmmmm.
« Last Edit: June 06/21/22, 06:56:38 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
From all I find it is all false.  A few fires but no big deal and no arson indicated. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Also read in 2018 two plant were taken out by small aircraft...

LP check your souces,this info is out there,seems to have gained steam since 2017 but not much media coverage,I find it hard to trust our government these days.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that aircraft were not involved in any fires or crashes at plants.  ???

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that aircraft were not involved in any fires or crashes at plants.  ???

Yeah LP,sad we can't get the real story,if the aircraft story is even true?I was just trapped in AC yesterday and had a chat with a friend about our food  prices and certain items  hard to find on grocery shelves,my friend is from nodak,he said grocery store shelves are pretty sparse,his biggest concern was the local barly crop drying up,effects his fav brewskis.Gotta have priorities ya know.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How old are some of these plants??? I know food processing has strict sanitary codes, but what about maintenance??? Down time costs money ya know??

I suspect that may have a lot to do with some of these. I know when the Farmstead plant burned down in Albert Lea several years back, it was no surprise. It was old when I was a kid in the 70's. When I got back in the sheep business in the late 80's, it hadn't changed a bit. Same old heavy wooden gates, same old green paint in the offices and wiring that went back to the 30's & 40's.
« Last Edit: June 06/21/22, 08:54:51 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: That place, it was Wilson back when I was in HS, didn't have a very good reputation for a nice place to work even then, early 70's. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: That place, it was Wilson back when I was in HS, didn't have a very good reputation for a nice place to work even then, early 70's. :rolleyes:

Ya, there were a lot of union thugs there... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to part of my senior year of high school in Alberts Leaf.  A couple buddies of mine worked there after school and on weekends and said it was pretty nasty there.  Like you said it was Wilson's then.  We lived on the south side of Green Lea golf course about 6 houses east of the club house.  I worked there and loved it. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There were a couple locals I know who worked at Wilson's. Not sure how they got in there, but they told about having to fish dead hog carcasses floating around out of Albert Lea Lake in the middle of the summer. Good times!  :puke:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/22, 10:51:40 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Ya, there were a lot of union thugs there... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: we can infiltrate almost anyplace!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dug up a little more on this issue,seems these accounts are legit,sad we can't trust our gov't or the media.

Quote:

Fires, Plane Crashes & Explosions Shut Down Over 2 Dozen U.S. Food Processing Facilities | Ep 384
2,670 views  Streamed live on Apr 25, 2022  As the supply chain crisis continues and Americans face record inflation.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
DISCLAIMER:  Since this thread is not in the Political Board, this biased response is intended for humor purposes only and may or may not represent the views and opinions of the poster.

Too bad the Dems didn't "let" Trump win re-election.

THEN they could have absolutely and undisputedly blamed Trump for mishandling the pandemic, the supply chaning problems, and the economic hangover we are experiencing because of it.

In 2024 Sleepy Joe would have been moved into memory care and the Dems would have had fresh faces looking to run the party and they would have been a shoe-in to win the presidency for the next 3 terms.

But then again there is always the possiblity that Trump woudld NOT have mishandled the pandemic, would have been more proactive in dealing with supply chain issues - expecially gas prices - and the economy would have come roaring back by now.  Somewhere between 51% and 49% of Americans might have been looking to make Trump President for Life.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: There is some truth to that Steve

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
If this food processing plant issue is true which seems to be the case,we have not only china but bill gates purchasing up 1000;s of acres of farmland across our nation,latest gates farmland purchase is north dakota,this has the N.D. AG looking into gates trust acc't,this among 1000's of  beef cattle died of heat stroke,maybe cattle dying of heat stroke is common but news to me,further my little S.D place with160 acres so far, alot of farmers selling out in my chamberlain S.D. area as corporate farming is taking over,not to mention the cost to farm these days.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
If this food processing plant issue is true which seems to be the case,we have not only china but bill gates purchasing up 1000;s of acres of farmland across our nation,latest gates farmland purchase is north dakota,this has the N.D. AG looking into gates trust acc't,this among 1000's of  beef cattle died of heat stroke,maybe cattle dying of heat stroke is common but news to me,further my little S.D place with160 acres so far, alot of farmers selling out in my chamberlain S.D. area as corporate farming is taking over,not to mention the cost to farm these days.

Snow, put down your National Enquirer and pick up a field & stream. There is no conspiracy.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
really cooper?  To many coincidence's for my liking,just idle conversation,didn't know field n stream was still in print,been a good 20 years since I read one ,kinda like "Life" magizine from the old days but thanks for the headsup, remember gates is all about population control/reducing our world population by 15% was his goal in 2020....enter covid,now between china and gates purchasing well over 1 million acres of farmland all on the Q/T what better way to take control by controlling our food source and nixing our fossil fuel,personally I don't trust gates or our government these days,it's all about money and control.
« Last Edit: June 06/24/22, 01:41:33 PM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know people dismiss a lot of this stuff as just dumb conspiracy theories. I used too. But after the last 2 years things that were dismissed as conspiracy now seem to be happening. So now I don't just dismiss things. Some are really out there, but I at least pay attention to it. He is right about the power and control part though.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree JB.well said,in my old age I started to pay attention to our government shenanigans in 2019,shame on me,Trump's impeachment hoax,the lies and corruption that followed,today we have the fbi as bidens personel strong arm guards,starting with concerned parents about what they're children are being taught in public schools,these concerned parents being called "domestic terrorists" and such,all this while our country is being invaded from the south,both parties don't seem to care,it's sickening,all the lies and corruption,we have our leader that can't tell the truth or give us a plan,just let thing's go or play from behind ...we all see it,we talk and complain,nothing is done about it,seperate rules for the elite.

as far as our ammo shortages go,google "outdoor vista" this company has been purchasing as many ammunition companies that they can,the list of these companies is long...guess who started this company in 2012? "george soro" info claims soro sold off the company but can we believe? bet he has his greedy little fingers still in it,retail sport shops I deal with have no answers about our ammo shortages,both shotgun and rim fire across the board,no light at the end of the tunnel things will get better in the near future,it's an issue we all should take notice of.rant over.
« Last Edit: June 06/24/22, 01:46:15 PM by snow1 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Give it a break!
Give us a break!
Get off the soapbox!