Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pickled Red Onions  (Read 1439 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I thought some of you might like these....Pickled Red Onions

Combine 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar or honey in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring the mixture until it’s hot but not boiling. Place 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced, in a heat-safe jar or container. Pour hot vinegar mixture over the onion and stir to toss. Allow to sit at room temperature, stirring often, for 30 to 60 minutes. Pickled onions can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks and sounds good!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds interesting.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sounds interesting...do you eat these by themselves or as you would a red onion?
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks good. I had always planted red onions but didn't this year. They are good but hard to keep over winter.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
sounds interesting...do you eat these by themselves or as you would a red onion?
We put them on burgers, hotdogs, in salads. You can use them for what ever you would like to have something different.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!