Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Canada  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
First off, you hunyucks are lucky I didn’t get any “official” measurement pics of my fish. I pulled in my second largest walleye to date at 28.25”. I caught a very nice 36.50” northern and a 19.50” smallie.  Of course this means nothing for the 2022 contest but it’s tough getting pics while trying to release everything quickly and your fishing in a 12’ row boat.

I was lucky to have the phone accessible for the 19.50 smallie and the 28.25 walleye (no tape measurement thou) but it was raining and didn’t have access to it when I caught the 36.50” pike.

Anyways, absolutely amazing trip. Caught more walleye than I could count. Pike were easily caught if you wanted to target them. Most pike were around 24-32 with several over. Nothing in the 40” range this year.  Walleyes were mostly in the 17-22” range with quite a few mid to upper 20’s.  One day, we couldn’t hardly catch one under 20”. 

Well, That’s my “big” fishing trip this year so unfortunately for me, I won’t be winning the contest this year. Lol.

Sample of a few days catch along with the smallie and walleye.

« Last Edit: June 06/28/22, 05:13:57 PM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a great trip.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nice fish!!👍

Iffin ya looking for sympathy... Ain't gonna find it here!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice fishies!!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sweet!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nice job, what lake were you on?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Where we go, not many, if any fish these waters…and I’d like to keep it that way!  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd a told him the Hudson Bay!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1:

Where we go, not many, if any fish these waters…and I’d like to keep it that way!  ;)
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You could have named any lake it wouldn't have mattered. I didn't get jabbed so I wouldn't be going anyway and if I did I only fish LOTW, Eagle & Lac Soule anyway. Oh, I did Tessup once to I guess.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You could have named any lake it wouldn't have mattered. I didn't get jabbed so I wouldn't be going anyway and if I did I only fish LOTW, Eagle & Lac Soule anyway. Oh, I did Tessup once to I guess.

:mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I will never go fishing in Canada!  I still want to feel good when I catch my 1 or 2 Walleyes once in a while!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!