Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 755 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Why would the armed forces fly cargo planes once a month so low that you can see the piolet's face?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not sure about cargo planes, but the air force flies planes regularly up at the cabin. And they flew super low. We have a hill just west of us and we where told they practice trying to fly under radar detection. It was my understanding they fly back and forth between Duluth and grand forks.  Of course you had to look way ahead to see them, if you look where you think they are there gone!;

That plane you posted looks like them I see flying around Ripley now and then.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they do thet here too.  training missions among other reasons..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Why would the armed forces fly cargo planes once a month so low that you can see the piolet's face?

Yep training.  See them all the time, had two go right over me low when Turkey hunting a field just south of Brainerd!  :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
typically training, but I could also them flying low if lost cabin pressure or medical flight training.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Beer run!