Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Got a few.....  (Read 1117 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Saturday, I was asked to tag along on a fishing trip to Lake Superior, and gladly excepted. So, Dakids, Jason, Bryce and myself hit the water around 7am. The weather morgits were a little off on their forecast. We were supposed to have a Northwest wind at 7mph & 71 degrees..... Not even close, at times, we had zero wind and it felt closer to 80.

Anyways, we targeted water with a surface temp between 50-60 degrees. We marked fish consistently all day long. The fish that were down around the 100 foot range, would not bite. So we moved all our lures up to run no deeper than 50 ft. We caught most of our fish on wonderbread and blue dolphin colored spoons. We ended up with 7 Lakers in the box, with around 11 others that just wouldn't stay on the line.

It was a fantastic trip with old friends and new!
« Last Edit: July 07/04/22, 12:21:48 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
We only had 4 fish In the box at 3 when we decided to  quit.  As we started to pull in the lines we ended up hooking 3 Lakers and landed all 3.  Great way to finish the trip.  Good times for sure
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if that was just coincidence or if the fish that day just needed a little extra incentive - like "I'm not all that hungry, but now my meal is running away from me, so I better strike before it is gone."   :confused:

I know brook trout sometimes will strike if you aggressively pull the lure out of their feeding zone and I was wondering if lakers had this same tendency.

Maybe it is something worth trying again next time out.  :scratch:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I wonder if that was just coincidence or if the fish that day just needed a little extra incentive - like "I'm not all that hungry, but now my meal is running away from me, so I better strike before it is gone."   :confused:

I know brook trout sometimes will strike if you aggressively pull the lure out of their feeding zone and I was wondering if lakers had this same tendency.

Maybe it is something worth trying again next time out.  :scratch:

We changed out a LOT of different lures.  Never got a bite while changing out the lures.  Before the triple at the end of the day all the fish that we caught were all on the same spoon.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.