Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORTS LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FROM MAY 29TH THRU JUNE 14TH 2022  (Read 829 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The fishing around the Pierre area on Sharpe has been as good as it gets for both walleye and bass. Very nice size with 17 to 18 inch fish common on Sharpe. Oahe on the lower end has a year class of 13 inchers and they are abundant but finding bigger avg size fish can be tougher. The little fish just grab the bait so quick so going thru a lot of fish is necessary on both reservoirs. On Sharpe most of my catches have been in 10 fow or less and on Oahe bigger fish have been right on the bank but hearing reports of fish being caught out to 20 fow now . Both lakes baits are now crawler rigs but minnows still working along with trolling plugs. I have been pulling propeller blades with bouncers and crawlers mostly. Like the Love blades the best.  I have been guiding mostly repeat customers and have just been having a great time with all of them. I certainly wish to thank all of you for making the trips and hope next year I will see you back again. I will mention that on almost every trip this last two weeks my customers and I never fished around any other boats and saw very few in the areas that we fished getting full possession limits of very nice 17 to 19 inch average size walleye on every trip but one. I am mentioning this to let you know that all of the fish aren't just under the big bunches of  boats and if you spend some time looking for other areas and hunting the fish both lakes are full of fish. We have lots of boats/fishermen using the area but we have lots of water so doing a little exploring can make for better trips if you do not like crowd fishing. Be  ready for some crowded boat ramps though and reservations at popular resorts/ motels can require some planning a head as they are very busy. Boat checks by the GF&PARKS are common Make sure that you have your plugs out and all the required equipment in your boats to avoid unnecessary expenses in the way of fines. Sun screen , bug spray, and a pair of sweat pants to slip on if you wear shorts and run into biting flies are very good things to pack along. Great fishing going now all up and down the river so dig up some worms and come on over.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SEVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice.  I used to fish Sharp and we camped at West Bend.  What a river that is.  Caught lots of fish too.  Wish it wasn't so far for me.