Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lawn sweepers  (Read 2215 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
any one have one and how do you like them??  looking maybe at an Agri-fab brand... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Bought one in the spring of 2021 because of a bumper crop of pine cones. Had to tinker with it to get the best height to pick up pine needles which are the biggest problem I have here. I have a large area to do, and it fills up fast. That leads to lots of dumping it, and that is  not as easy as they make it look on YouTube. Overall it’s better than raking in my opinion. Raking and loading them into a cart or the front end loader on the tractor and hauling them off to the woods gets really monotonous and takes a lot of time.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's my thing too, pine needles...  thanks!! 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got started putting mine together. Hoping it will pick up walnuts.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose that's where Glenn needs to sit and shoot squirrels , around walnut trees.  Or is that considered a baited field.. :scratch:  ;) 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Spose that's where Glenn needs to sit and shoot squirrels , around walnut trees.  Or is that considered a baited field.. :scratch:  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :offtopic: :offtopic: :tut: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my yard is very uneven so now I wonder how the sweep will work overall..   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 :fish2: Best use a rake then

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Leaf blower works pretty good too bring them to a pile!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :offtopic: :offtopic: :tut: :rotflmao:
:pouty: awe come on boober, no come back?? Ole rebby used to get all cranked up when I gave him the off topic!;!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Leaf blower works pretty good too bring them to a pile!

I'm trying that now too..  dewalt runs the battery out to fast to get much done, going to try the electric one next...   dang things...   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 1 but I got rid of it as it didn't hold enough for me & I had to dump it about every 10 minutes. Now I use an old tarp, at least an 8 X 10, & a rake or a gas leaf blower. Mostly pine needles here too, but I do use the tarp when the leaves get really thick as well. A place to dump on 2 sides of our lot, so I don't need to haul anything very far, helps too.
« Last Edit: October 10/10/22, 08:02:09 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 1 but I got rid of it as it didn't hold enough for me & I had to dump it about every 10 minutes. Now I use an old tarp, at least an 8 X 10, & a rake or a gas leaf blower. Mostly pine needles here too, but I do use the tarp when the leaves get really thick as well. A place to dump on 2 sides of our lot, so I don't need to haul anything very far, helps too.
same thing we did at the cabin, now we just mulch them up with the riding lawnmower. It's good lawn fertilizer. But we don't have them long pine needles either

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well Jim and I were talking and he wondered if his zero turn toro with a bagger could work on that amount pine needles..  I had been raking for awhile so I had 2 big piles and a long way to go....   he came over and very little time had the vast majority picked up!!!  I then gave him a smoked rack of BB ribs...   good thing I did 2 racks yesterday!!!   nice to have good friends!!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I mulch all the leaves I can, but my mulching mower has been giving me some static lately. Think I got it figured out late last week though. :happy1: Where the pine needles aren't really thick, I'll use the mower to blow 'em into a pile before I get the rake & tarp sometimes too. It doesn't do quite as good of job but it's quicker & easier. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Works pretty decent. It picks up the walnuts like I hoped.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope that rider has a cup holder for your beer or cocktail 🍹!🤣

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bumpy Glenn. It works best if you move right along. I found that you should limit how full you get it with walnuts because they get too heavy for it. I didn't wreck anything though. Leaves or grass wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
roony has all the nice lawnsweepers... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)