Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: wolves  (Read 5162 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wolves/wolf-plan.html?fs=e&s=cl

seen this and figured I'd post it here...  I know we have them here in our area.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Why give input, they don't listen anyway. :confused: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have they ever???    :confused:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Their going to stall and play around until they go back on the endangered list!  Or we would already be shooting by now!  I feel sadly, that a whole new breed of tree huggers have infiltrated and are managing the department now.  :sad:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What would you expect from the DNR? They don't even believe there's a Bigfoot!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What would you expect from the DNR? They don't even believe there's a Bigfoot!
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :nerd:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Couple things in the plan really need to be explored. First of all is the estimated population. Hard to believe that without hunting or trapping the reported population has not changed in years. The other issue is the DNR keeps going back and listing polls as a determining factor in wolf management. Of course, the majority of the population would favor more wolves because they never see them or the impact they have on other wildlife. It's like doing a survey on "do you favor more gun ranges". Of course, the majority of the population would say no but that doesn't diminish the need for them. Get real people.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The DNR is asking for public input on this. If you'd like to say something concerning wolves then this is your chance. Whether or not they choose to use it is always up to them in the end. I agree with deadeye that THEIR population numbers aren't even close to what is out there for wolves. Thinking they are only counting about 60% of them. Kinda like bait guys and getting 50 bird permits to shoot cormorants. None of them can count past 10  :rotflmao: which is a good in this case. Now if only they could get permits for pelicans......... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota House Votes to Ban Wolf Hunting and Trapping Link

If approved by the State Senate, the ban would would prevent the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources from establishing future wolf hunting seasons

...The proposed ban was introduced during floor debate as a last-minute amendment to a large environmental spending bill.

Of course it was proposed at the last minute.  That's how these coward Democrats rule this state.  They don't care about feedback from the public stakeholders.  They just do what they want to do.   :angry2:

P.S.  Maybe they'll make recreational cannabis legal later today to.   :thumbs:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya.......what a bunch of jackF$^^&'s!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :confused:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Whats wrong with pot?? I garentee that thers isnt a case of domestic abuse related to pot. Its related to alchohol and meth, pot has to many medicinal properties to not be legal. Most if not all of us are in that generation of "The Devils Garden"   ther always abuse with anything.
 Tell me anyone here. What wrong with an occasional hit or medicinal therapy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whats wrong with pot?? I garentee that thers isnt a case of domestic abuse related to pot. Its related to alchohol and meth, pot has to many medicinal properties to not be legal. Most if not all of us are in that generation of "The Devils Garden"   ther always abuse with anything.
 Tell me anyone here. What wrong with an occasional hit or medicinal therapy
personally i dont give 2 craps if they legalize it or not........ unless i really need it medically at some point down the road. i aint doing it.   know a few who do it for pain relief.

here's the kicker.........as far as i know, its the states making it legal.....as far as the feds........its still an illegal substance. as far as i know!!!!!!!!
then lets bring in the employment aspect........employers and 99% do....has a drug policy. and they DO RETAIN  the right to keep pot as an illegal substance. i went threw alot of this back in my union thug days.  i actually sat down with each employers HR person and had that conversation. there are alot of prescription pain meds out there if an employee is taking where there not allowed on the floor either. i represented a few that were terminated for that!!! i didnt win either!!!!

i agree after that initial buzz it really isnt any harm..............but i wouldnt wanna be working with someone high as i kite, especially in the industries i worked in or represented. its also the one substance that stays in your body the longest!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/24/23, 05:51:38 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I hear, they ne a test like an dui test. That shows levela of subatance. I dont wanna work with guys drunk either and i have. Cause their stil drunk from thw niggt before. A guy gets high the night before dont come in high, its just traced in the blood. Which is stupid, seems lime coming i. Drunk is more acxeptable than smoking pot the nigjt before and comin in sober 
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to work drunk is absolutely not acceptable either.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh i know but but its treated like lesser of two evils. Wolve aorry for off topix
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pot is so readily available that people that want it already have it.  Has been that way for 50 years or even more.  Put someone in jail with violent criminals is worse for them that smoking pot.  May as well make some money taxing it. 
« Last Edit: April 04/24/23, 07:05:17 PM by LPS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I not seeing the big deal either. Other than the stuff Glenn brought up. Not something for me, but everyone is different. Like LPS it is pretty much around now. Just wish they had a way to test for DUI like alcohol. Currently there isn't I guess. It is mostly the stigma that make people think it is so much more worse than alcohol.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Have hunters lost the vote in MN? I was thought hunting was a huge heritage in MN and politicians always had to side with hunters to get the votes? Not true anymore or is there no longer a voice? I’d love to see hunters join hands and tell the yahoos enough is enough. Wolves need to be managed or we do it ourselves unregulated.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There again, I heard this about 25 years ago.  The Sportsman were losing clout due to the bickering about different things.  Hasn't change much.  So they are a few different entities now not one voice.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also think the politicians that were sportsman who protected sportsmen are no longer around.  They may all be desk jockeys now without a clue.  Hence the wolf nonsense dictated by people with a picture of a wolf in their house so they feel like experts.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
S.S.S
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Please remember that 10 of 87 counties in the state of Minnesota that decide EVERYTHING in this state. When I email some of these senators and express my opinions IF I get a reply it starts out "unless you're a constituent of mine" and then pretty much pack sand up your _ _ _ after that. Prime example. The statewide rifle bill is on the house (I think) floor now. It now has an amendment added to it saying it's not "statewide". It states rifles may be used deer hunting in Minnesota EXCEPT in Olmsted Co. Guess what political color Olmsted Co. is. Enough of that for now. Thanks for listening. :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang!!   the save the wolf's commercials on TV are getting insane!!!   somebody is giving them some big money....   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How about an ad campaign to save these poor defenseless creatures?   :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Search "Howling for Wolves". I seen this morning on Fox news they are doing commercials.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Search "Howling for Wolves". I seen this morning on Fox news they are doing commercials.

that's the one I seen too!!!   

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i have 2 stupid deer out on the lake here that have slipped on the ice so much trying to cross that they dislocated their front legs...
I've been waiting for 2 days for the damn wolves to come and get them. :pouty:
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Reading through this thread there appears to be two topics, I will say this.
Impaired is Impaired no matter how you slice it.
Wolves = S.S.S.