Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/LAKE SHARPE PIERRE AREA JULY 4TH THRU JULY 21 2022  (Read 877 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Hot weather has been the word lately so I and many guides have been going out early to beat the heat by getting limits early enough to get off the lake. The fishing on Oahe is very spotty with lots of little fish (12/13 inch) around making getting larger fish much harder. This was reflected in the Governors Cup were a 15 inch minimum was required. Many teams struggled weighing only 2 fish so somewhat poor results for a lot of very good fishermen/fisherwomen. The bite for the lake seems to average around 20 to 25 fow on both minnows and nightcrawlers but fish down deep in some areas is producing some bigger fish. Pulling plugs even lead core is also putting  some larger fish on picture's . I have been spending quite a bit of time on Sharpe as it seems to be putting out over all more consistent average size walleye with that average many days around 17 inches for the walleye. Lately even on Sharpe we have had to keep some smaller fish to round out limits though. Here I have been using spinner/crawler/bouncer rigs in around 20 fow but some days shallow fish bite quicker but also more little ones shallow now. Plugs minnows  all work so if you have a favorite presentation try it. I would like to thank all the customers that I have guided recently. Lots of great times for the most part with some really hot days coming into play. Biting fly’s are around in some areas so spray and long pants along in the boat can save lots of slapping. It is essential to bring and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated now. I have observed heat stroke and it isn't a small thing so precautions to avoid dehydration are really necessary. Lots of sun screen helps two. I will mention again that the GF & Parks are running boat checks so pulling plugs and having all required equipment in your boat can save you ticket money.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch