Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hunter Gored... and Worse...  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Wisconsin Hunter is Gored By a Buck, Rescued by Helicopter, Then Slapped with a Fine

Talk about a bad hunt. Richard C. Harris was injured, lost, and hospitalized in January. Now, it has come out that he gut busted for poaching, too.

The fatally wounded buck had bedded several times before Harris encountered the deer and approached it head-on from a close distance. McCormick felt the buck had not attacked Harris, as was originally reported, so much as the hunter was simply standing in the way of the whitetail’s attempted escape path. McCormick found the buck dead only a short distance from the site of the encounter.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/22, 02:43:15 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad they didn't nail him, and Hopefully his insurance didn't cover the chopper ride.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that story in the Outdoor news. Didn't it used to be legal to hunt over bait in Cheeseland?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I read that story in the Outdoor news. Didn't it used to be legal to hunt over bait in Cheeseland?
it used to be..i know my stepdad feed them apples......maybe with this CVD or whatever its called they banned it??? the article did say  the county he was hunting in had banned it a while ago????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man what a day.  Bet he doesn't want another one like that.