Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR auction huntin & fishin equip  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
      DNR auction of confiscated huntin & fishin equipment

:police:
07/27/2022 

Having trouble viewing this email? :scratch: View it as a Web page.
minnesota department of natural resources. 

Confiscated :drillsergeant: hunting and fishing equipment auctions to be held Aug. 27 and Oct. 1

:coffee: .....
The DNR will be holding two confiscated equipment auctions this fall. The auctions, which will be held online at www.hillerauction.com, are scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 27 and Saturday, Oct. 1.

A list of items being offered for sale will be available approximately one month prior to each individual auction date at www.hillerauction.com. The list will include the DNR Enforcement seizure receipt number if applicable. This preliminary list is subject to change by the DNR.

The bidding catalog for each auction will be available online on Aug. 24 and on Sept. 28. This will include a written description and photos of each item. Onsite inspection is available Friday, Aug. 26 and Friday, Sept. 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hiller Auction Service, 10785 261st Avenue, Zimmerman, MN.

The first auction will begin closing at 10 a.m. on Aug. 27, with a staggered ending � one item ending per minute. Bidding will extend on that item if there is a bid in the final three minutes and extend as many times as needed until there are no bids for three minutes. Extended bidding does not affect the ending times of other items. The second auction will begin closing at 10 a.m. on Oct. 1, with the same format.

Winning bidders will be sent an invoice after the completion of the auction. Items must be picked up at Hiller Auction Service, 10785 261st Avenue, Zimmerman, MN.

Please note: Bidders who purchase a firearm will be required to pass a Federal Firearms background check in person when paying for and picking up the firearm(s) at the auction location.

Additional information about auction procedures is available on the Hiller Auction website.

« Last Edit: July 07/31/22, 10:41:34 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone every go to / bid on any of these confiscation auctions?

I always figured most of these guns would old and beat-up guns that criminals were willing to lose if they got caught.  But looking at the list, I'll bet some of them are pretty nice.  The website says pictures will be available Aug 24.  State of Minnesota DNR Auction Part 1

When I was a young shaver I remember asking my pa about these auctions.  He said he's steer clear to avoid confrontation with guys who were trying to buy their confiscated guns back.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have a neighbor going this year...but he's trying to get a gun BACK! 

Regarding quality of guns, in his case, they took all guns at camp, including some really nice ones (not just the ones they were using). Maybe I'll go in disguise and start over bidding him, make him pay a little extra for what they did LOL.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I'd be pretty pi$$ed if I lost one of my guns because some guy did something stupid at camp.

But on the other hand, I gotta believe everyone at camp know what the other guys are doing - especially if they've been together for a long time.

I think losing your gear has always been a reasonably good deterrent against wildlife offenses.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be ANY good deterrent against street crime.  :pouty:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah, I'd be pretty pi$$ed if I lost one of my guns because some guy did something stupid at camp.

But on the other hand, I gotta believe everyone at camp know what the other guys are doing - especially if they've been together for a long time.

I think losing your gear has always been a reasonably good deterrent against wildlife offenses.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be ANY good deterrent against street crime.  :pouty:

Yeah…he knew. As did all of camp so I’m told. Really nice guy to hang out with…but apparently an idiot when coming to hunting.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner