Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Oh, to be young and full of energy  (Read 1202 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I took my 16-year-old grandson to the land to help clear trails and work on a few stands. The first lesson of the day was "chainsaw 101". I took him through starting, safe handling, cutting small limbs and cutting a few bigger trees that fell across the trails. I emphasized the importance of planning the cut to prevent pinching the blade or running into the ground. Along with clearing the trails we also reset several metal stands. Over time the stands and trees have shifted, and the stands were no longer level. The straps needed to be loosened stand adjusted and then reset. This involved a lot of up and down the ladders, so I really appreciated his enthusiastic help. I also let him figure out which way to move the ladders in order to lever the platforms. I think he learned quite a bit from grandpa.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure love to have my canthook along when cutting up big logs on the ground. Had another condo owner lend a hand carrying brush yesterday. 83 and going strong.