Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Little cinnamon bear  (Read 1560 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Little cinnamon strolling through the spruces. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very nice. I only got regular black versions of the black bear. Still waiting for some other color phase.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Ramone H.

• Outdoorsman
Oh for beautiful!! I have neve bear hunted, some day maybe ill try it. How do they taste?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Younger ones like 2-3 years old are as tender as can be.  Best steak you ever had. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ramone H,
Think of them as you would pork. Care of meat is important as it's usually warm when bear hunting. Have a plan to skin and cool the bear meat. Then remove as much fat as possible.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I put all my bear meat into summer sausage, pepper sticks and hot dogs. I'm going to try making jerky next time around.

i'll add my family curls there nose at a bear roast or steaks so it would go to waste if i did steak or roasts. 

back when my step daughter was in 2nd grade she became severely ill, to the point they didnt think she'd make it for about 6 days. the said she had Kawaski's disease. long story short she ate bear summer sausage so the U of M asked if i'd bring some down to analyze it. they said it was the purist meat they've seen. and the between the docs and nurses they ate all of it i brought down!!!!!! :rotflmao: 
« Last Edit: July 07/31/22, 08:56:15 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, bear meat is awesome. Like DE said needs to be taken care of quickly and cooled. But it is some of the most tender meat. Makes awesome burgers. We love doing roasts to. That is a pretty bear LPS.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I've only seen a cinnamon phase once in my young life.1 wa