Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: now its my wife...........  (Read 28198 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
for about the last 6 weeks my wife has been doctoring with that hip/MERSA crap again. today she went to the U of M orthopedics. yep Mersa is back....and boy did we get hit between the eyeballs.  :doah: :banghead: :censored:

she has 2 options...........continuing to do as there doing with anibidotics, but it will never go away. if it gets worse it spreads and turns to ceptis??? goes in the blood stream and will eventually kill her.........OR........

LONG STORY SHORT , they go in remove the hip they replaced, but a spacer  put a pick in for antibodics and hope in 3 to 6 months the infection goes away.....then replace the hip again which then means she'll have a shorter leg.

we, or should i say she is doing option 2.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Tough deal Glenn. Choose whatever gives her the best quality of life.

She's in our thoughts & prayers, both of you are.   
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Prayers for both of you.  Good luck and let us at MNO know if you need anything.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys........i didnt mention but when this spacer is in there is no driving and she cant put absolutely NO weight on that leg. her mobility options are a walker and or wheelchair.

we have a split foyer.................UGH!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :banghead: :banghead:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Glenn, I will pray for both of you and hope for the best.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. Prayers going up for you two and your family.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 With you bud & hoping for the best. You got my #..............................whatever, whenever.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Really sorry to hear this, Glen. Hope things work out for you two. Keep us p to date.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang it Glenn,  sorry to hear. Give her a smooch from us, and like others said if there's anything we can do don't hesitate..

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I am so sorry to hear that.  Prayers for you both.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang that a tough pill to swallow!!  I'll be praying for the both of ya...   tell her I said hi and good luck which ever way she goes!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that Glenn. Praying for both of you. It does like like option 2 is better in the long term. But going to be tuffer to get thru. Hope all goes well. Can you have a lift added to the stairs for a short while? The down side to split entries.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good luck Glenn on what ever she chooses to do.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping all goes well Glenn, prayers for both of you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
THANKS  a ton guys!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: means a whole lot to me.

as this sinks in its gonna be a differnet lifestyle change for a while i'm beginning to realize. but we will get through it!!!!! :happy1: we got all our kids close, farthest one is in rockford so we should have help. i already told her i'll limit my trips north. BUT she said i can go deer hunting, i''ll just no go for as long as i usually do and 2 spearing trips!!!!! :happy1: we shall see!!!!1

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear about her predicament. Prayers offered from this end too. Her choice is logical. As far as the trips north, you'll probably drive her nuts enough so she'll want you to go anyway.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Glenn that really sucks.  I like Bobb's comment.  Give her a smooch from all of us.   My Buddy went to England to visit his daughter whilst she was on a school thing.  He slipped and fell at a castle tour.  They said well we have the best Drs. here so we will fix you up.  No cost cuz that is the way it is over there.  They patched him up and put him on a plane.  When he got here he got sick with mersa or something and they had to take the knee out and clean it up and do it all over again.  Took a lot of healing but he is fine now.  Good luck in whatever you guys do Glenn. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, That sucks for sure but I think you made the right decision with option 2.  Four people I know had the same issue with knee replacements. Two opted for the removal of the metal knee, put in spacer (similar in density of a bar of soap) packed with antibiotics and then had the knee replaced three months later.  One had the knee cut open and flushed with antibiotics for a week or so and then sowed back up. He's infection has not returned. The other had had a pick line put in and for at least three months they doused his body with high-power antibiotics. His infection also was cured and has not returned.     
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks deadeye that sure sounds like promising news.

Let me wife read that and she was glad to see it!! :happy1:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear this. Best of luck to the both of you.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
THANKS.....all you guys!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

little update. she goes down to Blaine friday for an MRI!!!!! they had surgury set for 10-7 then changed it to 10-14, but now with the nurses strike.......... :confused: :doah: :banghead: :banghead:

for something they wanted done sooner then later.........this sure seems to be dragging out.  :pouty: :crazy:

so i'm not even sure i'll be deer hunting yet!!!!!!! she says i can go, i just wont go for as long as i do!!!!!! all i know is the more i think about this, its definetly going to be a different life style change for a while!!!!!!

trying to get most my fall gardening stuff done before hand!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all goes well Glenn.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Prayers to sue and yu brother love an hugs!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks again fellas!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope it goes well and you can go deer hunting. We need the peace and quiet... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
YEAH......................................... what he :happy1: said!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it goes well and you can go deer hunting. We need the peace and quiet... :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: leaves should be gone by then, I'll get reception. :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL!!! Hoping for the best for the wife Glenn!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks JB!!!!!!! :happy1:

:pouty: i feel like the Rodney Dangerfield of MNO!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: