Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Oh, Hell No!!! Rattlesnake Edition  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Close Call With a Timber Rattlesnake in a Treestand, 20 Feet Off the Ground

“This is a first—and hopefully a last—for me,” Murphy wrote in a Facebook post. “Over the past 30-plus years, I’ve climbed in and out of countless treestands and have become accustomed to occasional unwanted guests including wasps, spiders, raccoons, owls, and few other critters, but never a three-foot timber rattler.”

Murphy says he was 20 feet high in a tree replacing a ratchet strap on a lock-on stand when he noticed a snake staring at him from eye level, just 18 inches away.

“I had already been fiddling with the stand for a good three to four minutes, with my hands in striking range (of the snake) several times,” wrote Murphy, vice president for corporate relations at Huntstand. “My first thought was rat snake, but then I noticed the unmistakable shape of a pit viper head and realized it was a ‘nope rope’!”

Murphy climbed down from the stand, found a tree limb, and then went back up to flip the rattler out of the stand.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that would scare the heck out of me.  I would have killed it.  Where was this at?

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Nope rope would have been a headless rope if it was me.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.