Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gopher football  (Read 10682 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dutchy s favorite  coach  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

I see where they play tonight, anyone know if there on.  The toobe??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
'We will be elite tonight rowing the boat against the tide of the mighty New Mexico team coached by my good friend Jerry Kill."
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy s favorite  coach  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

I see where they play tonight, anyone know if there on.  The toobe??

8 p.m. on BTN. Not sure what that would be on smurf TV. Row the boat, baby!  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will watch it and record it in case I fall asleep.   :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
New Mexico St. lost to Nevada in their first game & they're a huge underdog in this one. Speaking of dogs, not sure if they still have one, but New Mexico St. has had a kicking tee retrieving Border Collie for several years. Don't think they bring the dog on the road, but a lot of the time, they've been the highlight of the game when they play at home.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/26/17784260/new-mexico-state-tee-fetching-dog-striking-very-good-boy

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2021/10/22/nmsu-football-wave-replaces-striking-tee-retrieving-wonder-dog/6128217001/
« Last Edit: September 09/01/22, 10:02:44 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good pup!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Recording the game....

Have to go and watch my granddaughter play Volleyball tonight. First home game.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Led by Glenn there seems to be a lot of Gopher / Fleck fans in here.

Home game, game #1.............how many points they put up tonight?

1) 10 or more
2) 20 or more
3) 30 or more
4) over 40

If seriously feel there is as good a chance of them putting up 17 as there is of putting up 40.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I choose 2. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I'm not a bleeding gopher fan but I do enjoy watching and following most the sports.

I'm going with 3.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not a rah rah fan either but if PJ has success with it, who am I to argue? He needs to beat IA, Ohio St. & the dipsquit at IL tho before I'm sold. With the little blue guy on this one with #3.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't rhink he will run it up on Kill, but i will say 4 to be different.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the Gophers pay NM $250,000 to play with them.  Even though I am a Gophers fan I would like to see NM kick their azz or at least cover the spread.   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
My avatar says it all.....big Gophers fan.....Hammer NM St. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just wanted to see the Border Collie 😔

Spread was 36.5 Barry so ya, let's hope NMS covers... :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
PJ did not run up the score.  There was no scoring in the 4th quarter.

PJ did cover the spread, but I missed my guess by 3 points.

Gophs took care of business... 38-Zip.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
fell asleep when it was 31 to zip...  did they shack hands in the end???   I see PJ has his vacation home on Minnetonka for sale, 2.5 million...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
fell asleep when it was 31 to zip...  did they shack hands in the end???   I see PJ has his vacation home on Minnetonka for sale, 2.5 million...
i read on IDO they shook hands before the game???????? heard there is some kind of riff between Kill and Fleck???????

but man Kill looks pretty rough!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I really thought NMS would at least score once and they came close. My guess before the game was 37-17 Gophers. Think the issue between Kill & Fleck involves the players Fleck had at first were still Kill's recruits  & that some of the players sexual assault stuff going on was pinned on him. I hope Kill turns the New Mexico State program around. It's been awful for a long time. As I said, the tee retrieving dog has often been the highlight of their games.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I saw.....Kill didn't like the way Minnesota treated Tracy Claeys.  Kill coached the Gophers for four-plus seasons but stepped down after seven games in 2015 due to complications from epilepsy.

Kill tabbed his defensive coordinator, Tracy Claeys, as his successor, but Claeys was fired after one full season and replaced by Fleck
« Last Edit: September 09/02/22, 11:13:11 AM by KEN W »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kill and Claeys had the program going in a good direction.

When epilepsy forced Jerry to quit coaching, he envisioned for himself an Executive Head Coach position where he ran the program, make the decisions, but didn't have to coach every Saturday.  That didn't fly with the athletic department and Jerry was out.

But they did give Claeys a shot, who I think was also doing a pretty good job.  But didn't they also get a new Athletic Director right after that?  And Claeys was "not his guy."

But I think the thing that really frosted Kill's cake is when PJ said he needed to "rebuild" the team and "change the culture."  PJ could have said it differntly, but chose not to.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A little insight into what I wrote: "Think the issue between Kill & Fleck involves the players Fleck had at first were still Kill's recruits & that some of the players sexual assault stuff going on was pinned on him."

Hence, Fleck's comments about rebuilding the culture were a bur under Kill's saddle. Claeys got a raw deal and skewered himself when he stood up for his players & vice versa against the Morrill Hall gang. Wasn't Mark Coyle's guy as you said and the heat from the administration, commies that they (still) are, left him no choice. Liked Claeys but there was no way they would've been much better than a .500 team, given the recruiting & transfer policies at the time. Now? Who knows what might've happened.

We had a D1 connection locally privy to a lot of the goings on at the U in those days. Some pretty bizarre stuff went on, including one of the Gopher football players stealing her bike! Kill chewed the players @$$es and she got her bike back. :doah: We won't delve into my sordid past where my pal, the Boy Entomologist & I both got free visits to the U of M shrink, Dr. Schnoxell. Good times.       

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
All these head coach types are too full of high and mighty charismatic BS for me to waste much of my time analyzing which one is the worst.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
A little insight into what I wrote...   
Makes you wonder what really happens at all those so-called "Big Time" programs, eh?   :scratch:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Big game for the gophers today. Can they beat Michigan Dtate.

Yup.... :happy1: :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers hammer Michigan State 34-7

Total dominance. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watched the last 1/2, darn good!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn near skunked them.  It looked as easy as the first few games.   :happy1: