Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gopher football  (Read 10659 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kudo's to you guys who can watch them play. You are a lot tougher than I am.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
31-0 shutout. D played well against a horribler football team.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Should be enough wins to get PJ another crapty bowl game and maybe even a contract extension!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Rutgers doesn't belong in the Big 10. The only reason they are there is so the Big 10 can get into the New York TV market. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Rutgers doesn't belong in the Big 10. The only reason they are there is so the Big 10 can get into the New York TV market. :thumbs: :thumbs:

If winning football championships or having a legitimate chance to is the criteria then the Gophers don't belong either. Sorry but thats the brutal truth.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
But dutchy, gophers have been part of the big 10 for like forever.  Rutger's hasn't
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Big 10 isn't about athletics, competition or academics. It's purely about the money. With USC & UCLA coming next year it will be a conference of the haves against the never wills. The Gophers are on the never will side of the ledger.

It's ok to support your school, be a super fan. But face the reality that they aren't competing for anything except third rate bowl games.

BTW, I enjoy some Gopher sports but understand in the main sports they aren't winning anything.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't disagree.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't disagree either. Money is EVERYTHING. And Football pays for the Athletic Depts. The Gophers haven't even been to the Rose Bowl since 1962.....60 years. But one can still hope.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Problem is the Rose Bowl has as much prestige as the Meineke Muffler Bowl or the Detroit Gangsta Bowl.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most schools take so many people that when they get their share back from the conference pool, they don't do much more than break even most of the time. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Down 10-0 at the half. Changed QB to start the 2nd half. Scored a FG then blew a golden opportunity following a long completion. Not optimistic. Puppy napping on my lap. I'm stuck.

« Last Edit: November 11/05/22, 01:16:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I see they pulled it out vs Nebraska. Don't bet your last nickels against either Iowa or Wisconsin.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
From getting our azzes kicked to slowly stopping them and then turning into getting lots of yard we turned it around 180 and kicked their azz..   Good going Gophers.  Dotch that is a paramount pic.  Thanks and don't move for us.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As it stands now 2 of the top 4 teams in the country are getting beat, Michigan and TCU!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bleccchhh!!!! IA keeps the pig another year. Bah! Humbug!  :rolleyes: PJ needs his ass kicked. Outplayed the Squawkeyes & still lost the game. Big 10 is going nowhere. Michigan was damn lucky to win & Ohio St. was no gimme against Maryland. Both teams are cocky and ripe for a good beating.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They played a good game. Turnovers killed them late in the game. They need to pass more.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Why is Morgan not the QB anymore? He go on Social Security?

I think both Michigan & Ohio State were looking ahead to next week then they play each other.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why is Morgan not the QB anymore? He go on Social Security?

I think both Michigan & Ohio State were looking ahead to next week then they play each other.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: good question!!🤣🤣

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morgan reached his pinnacle.  Time for someone else at QB and he is doing pretty darn good..   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd bet Morgan plays the last game of the season.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough loss. Missed field goal early cost them. Then 2 turnovers when going for the winning score. Ibrahim with 40 carries and 260 yards rushing. He will be sore in the morning. They totally outplayed Iowa and still lost.  :pouty: :pouty:                 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
IA #44 should've been tossed in the 1st half for targeting. SSDD for B1G officiating crews.  :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
IA #44 should've been tossed in the 1st half for targeting. SSDD for B1G officiating crews.  :rolleyes:
yep!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough loss. Missed field goal early cost them. Then 2 turnovers when going for the winning score. Ibrahim with 40 carries and 260 yards rushing. He will be sore in the morning. They totally outplayed Iowa and still lost.  :pouty: :pouty:                 
  :confused: :scratch: I thought the Hawkeyes looked REALLY good  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:  .................................the 1st 10 minutes.............................& the last 10 minutes.  :whistling:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
God bless run-first coaches like Mason and Fleck, but will Minnesota ever be able to recruit a quarterback that can pass the ball so we can have a balanced offense?   :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think PJ found out that Morgan wasn't going to make a difference throwing the ball because there was nobody that could catch it without Aultman-Bell in the line-up. I think that's why he switched to the kid to get him some game experience. I might be wrong but that would be my guess. I don't think the kid is much better than Morgan.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont know dutchy.......those announcers yesterday sure bragged him up as a stud athlete.......we'll have to see.

but sheez....everyone that plays the gophers knows its run Mo most the time......they need to get a passing game going. with bell out.....and i dont remember the reciever but he caught some nice balls!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read on MSN that that gopher/ iowa game didn't have any penalties. First time since 1986!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: The guys calling the game mentioned that about 1/2 way through the 4th quarter too. :cool: