Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Our new addition  (Read 13865 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Poppy is really into this football game...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: boy does she have your number already!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amazing how fast Poppy is growing. She was up to 11 lbs. at her vet appt. Thurs. Lotsa zoomies when she's done eating her food followed by chewing & ball playing.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cute little shyster!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes a darn good lookin pup!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
She has her moments. She'll do 15 - 20 zoomies around the couch then lull you to sleep for an hour as she chews on her toys. Better be watching then because she may try to sneak off & pee on the floor. Caught her in the act last nite & let her know in no uncertain terms that it wasn't acceptable. She finished her business outside. Hopefully that was a teaching moment. She has been good therapy for the wife.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
She is a cutie,  probably running the show already!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a little scare this a.m. Had taken a few stale breadcrusts & vegetable peelings out in a bread wrapper for the sheep. When I pulled the wrapper out of my pocket to throw it away once back inside,  the twist tie must've fallen out. Poppy found it & was chewing on it when I spotted her. Tried to get it away from her but she was defiant & ran off with me in hot pursuit. Had seen an episode of Dr. Pol where a small dog had ingested a twist tie & died as a result by the time they figured it out. When I finally caught Poppy & pried her jaws open, I found nothing. Crap! Luckily I spied it on the kitchen floor a few minutes later. Whew! Better than looking for it in her terds. 💩
« Last Edit: December 12/04/22, 12:06:03 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My big azzhat chewed up a Rona test while I was gone!!!

Want another one Dotch!! :confused: :bs: he's been awful lately.  Needless to say I haven't seen him much since I've been back home!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, did he have the 'rona or not?  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, did he have the 'rona or not?  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: not sure but I bet he's got a sore azz!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy really enjoyed the Vikings game yesterday. Tuckered her out!  :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some friends from up by NY Mills sent us a Corgi lawn ornament so we put it together which sent Poppy into a tizzy at 1st. She adjusted. She really enjoys helping fill the bird feeders and running thru the snow. I've been giving her more latitude as she's become much better at coming when called. Smart little dog, just a little different personality than the 25 years of Border Collies. One thing is the same: If someone farts 5 miles away, she lets you know about it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's cool as heck!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy & I are in control here in the white house at the ranch. Took her to the vet day before last. She weighed in at 14 lbs., up about 3 lbs. from just under a month ago. She gets more worked up about vet visits than our Borders did but they were exceptional that way. Poppy was good with the company we've had recently. Luckily they've been livestock dog gals so it's been great exposure for a 5 1/2 month old Corgi. It breaks up the routine as well. Tossed some out of code squash over the fence to the sheep. Poppy barked at them. They were not amused.

« Last Edit: December 12/31/22, 11:41:22 AM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice to have live entertainment but Poppy can wear us out. She's been the most destructive puppy on dog toys we've had since we've been married. Buy one that appears durable from a reputable manufacturer and within an hour she's dismembered or decapitated it. It does tucker her out though so at least there is that.  :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You sure she's not related to glenn's new buddy?  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
First off you need to give up your man card wearing Crocs. :confused: :scratch: :rotflmao:

As far as chew toys have you tried a Kong chew toy?? Even my big dopus can't wreck it.
« Last Edit: January 01/07/23, 11:41:13 AM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
First off you need to give up your man card wearing Crocs. :confused: :scratch: :rotflmao:

As far as chew toys have you tried a Kong chew toy?? Even my big dopus can't wreck it.
Glenn do you put peanut butter in it???   that really drives them crazy!!!     fun to watch too!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn do you put peanut butter in it???   that really drives them crazy!!!     fun to watch too!!!
no shadow is crazy enough!!😂 Besides peanut butter is specifically designed for PB&J's  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

no shadow is crazy enough!!😂 Besides peanut butter is specifically designed for PB&J's  :happy1: :rotflmao:

ya have to do that once to see the fun!!!!!   well worth the price!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

ya have to do that once to see the fun!!!!!   well worth the price!!!

We have a kong toy like the one pictured & another cylindrical kong toy that can be stuffed with treats. Unfortunately they are one dimensional. Stick treats and stuff in them and she chews on them a while. Once the stuff is out, BORING!!!! Give a Border Collie a ball, they're happy. These smaller herding dogs tho are a whole 'nother ballgame. Teething has been part of the problem. Looks like all her adult teeth are in with some of the last molars just poking thru. When Poppy goes outside, one of the first things she does is grab a chunk of ice & chews on it. What surprises me about the squeaky toys we've bought is they're also manufactured by Kong. She really enjoys squeaking them and shaking the ever living snot out of them but also loves wrecking them. The material they're made from is tough enough but if there's any kind of an appendage or a seam, she'll have them ripped off or apart within an hour. I expected better from a company that specializes in dog toys. Smaller squeaky tennis balls are OK but she wrecks them after a while too. Also manufactured by Kong, we need to monitor that situation closely. We don't want her to bust one open along the seam (which she's done) when we're not looking, get a squeaker down her throat and make an emergency trip to see Dr. Pol. Poppy's a tireless little ball player. That wears us out especially after fishing balls out from under the furniture a few dozen times. The good news is she's left the furniture, cords, clothing and other stuff alone thanks in part to all the toys she's destroyed. 

Somewhere in my files I think I have a link to some Smurf crocs... :whistling: :cool:   
« Last Edit: January 01/07/23, 02:12:33 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper can actually eat a foot long rawhide thing in a couple of hours.  We got them and one day I looked all over for the one I just gave him.  Nowhere.  He ate it that fast.  Never got another one.  Someone on here mentioned shin bones and that is what we get them now.  Last a long time.  We have 4 of them on the floor right now.  They are loud on hard wood floors but ok on the carpet. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally tapped Ruby's chuckit ball stash. We kept a supply as she'd wear them out at the seams after a few months. Got Poppy a chuckit Frisbee. The sewn seam on that lasted under an hour. We now have a bazillion orange threads all over the house & in her terds. 💩

« Last Edit: January 01/14/23, 10:59:47 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin good Poppy.   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some days Poppy just sits & looks cute. Usually by the time I got the camera out she wanders off. Sometimes though she stays put but gives you the eye after a while, telling you to hurry it up. She has toys, newspapers & magazines to destroy!  :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awfully innocent to me!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At least she can't get on the cupboards.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
At least she can't get on the cupboards.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: ya got that right!!!!!!!! :doah: :confused: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: