Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Our new addition  (Read 13870 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yet!!!    :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
At least she can't get on the cupboards.
:scratch: Wait 'til she's really unhappy with mom & dad!!!! ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
At least she can't get on the cupboards.
:scratch: Wait 'til she's really unhappy with mom & dad!!!! ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

oh boy!!!   look at the lab brothers!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm not putting anything past this little twerp. She can hop over the arm on the recliner and clear it easily at 6 months. She's long enough so once she's full grown, we'll need to be very careful about anything left near the edge on a countertop.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatta cutie! Maybe just maybe you can teach her everytime the grill gets fired up to distract momma !!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy has really taken to the couch's "dog-hole". It's a depression that Ruby left behind after curling up & napping on it 100's of times over the years. Instant backache if you sit in that spot. Didn't take Poppy long to figure out it was there.
« Last Edit: January 01/29/23, 11:07:16 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Was that after a busy day outside?? Or after she got into your G & T??🤔🤔
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We've been outside several times today. Not for extremely long stretches but constantly on the move when we are. Not much time for G&T's. With the colder temps, the VSOP supply has taken a major hit. :coffee:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watching a webinar while Poppy watches the birds. They keep her attention for a while but like most puppies, that attention span is limited. Doesn't take long & she wanders off so they're just a temporary diversion. Pheasants were back so that helps her focus.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: i've noticed shadow is starting to do that more often. even at night when we close the curtains, he pushes them aside with his nose and gotta look out, especially if he hears something!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy has developed a habit of wanting to sit on my lap during webinars. Her retention isn't real good & she likes to lick the keyboard.  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
^^^^^^^ thats funny.......now you got someone to fill in when your busy :rolleyes: with other more important things!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

did you spill some boodles on the keyboard by chance??? :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/22/23, 09:53:58 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our cat does that with me.   :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Poppy has developed a habit of wanting to sit on my lap during webinars. Her retention isn't real good & she likes to lick the keyboard.  :scratch:
She takes after you?   :confused:   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:hope he dont have your address SteveO  :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:hope he dont have your address SteveO  :shocked: :rotflmao:
Ah... no thanks.  ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy still loves the snow. We'd lost most of it before Sat. a.m. but it replenished our supply. Thank goodness most of it left but didn't stop her from having a blast in the meantime. Looked like she was peeing but she wasn't. Trying to get her attention between pouncing and digging in the snow. Introduced her to the latest attempt at a toy she wouldn't be able to chew up. Made it about 12 hours before it was destroyed.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a good weekend bonding with the munchkin. Poppy likes her naps just like her owners, especially if Hallmark is on.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dotch....you ever take the little munchkin along with you on a driveabout??????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have some but am kinda careful about it. I don't want to leave her alone in the vehicle for any length of time. I'd hate to have someone steal her and there's no telling what she might chew up. Not a good time to bring her into the office right now either. A lot of traffic inside and outside the building. Need more rain days. They've been scarce for a while. Wife has been taking time off during the week so she gets a lot of weekday attention and I spend as much time with her on the weekend as is possible. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Trouble is with do-gooders these days... if you leave your dog in the car - even in conditions that are not harmful for them - someone is apt to call the cops on you.

The grocery store has a sign now that says, "If you see unattended children or pets in vehicles, call 911."

I guess that is the difference between living in the city and living in the country these days.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so true Steve-o

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did a quick in and out for one item in the grocery store a few years back.  Was about 70.  I left both windows open in the ol Ford and left the dogs there.  I was out in minutes.  There were tourists standing in front of my truck looking at their watch.  I said hi real nice jumped in my truck and took off.  Didn't give them time to talk. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good points....never give much thought to the negative nellies........ yea i dont take them with to the store or nutting  usually when i go and they can get out and run around where my destination is. i get a good amount oh i love your dog or dogs. especially the sheltie.

and with shadow being so damn friendly they wanna pet him. i worry more about them doofuses accidently locking the truck up and me not having keys to get in.  :doofus: ask me how i know!!!!!  :bonk: :bonk: i have fixed that issue!!!! :sleazy:

i used to worry about someone stealing the sheltie but now that sje's so old......not so much. with shadow....good luck to them!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/23, 08:42:26 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I leave the windows open everyone wants to pet my dogs.  I do worry about someone taking Cooper.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was more apt to take the Border Collies along with me, partially because they could easily jump in my 4 wheel drive pickups. That and as anal as they were, if someone took one they'd wish they hadn't. Drive them nuts! With Poppy and those short Corgi legs, I have to pick her up and set her in the seat. She's OK with riding but too many of her trips to this point have been to the vet for shots, spaying, etc., so she can be a little gun shy at first. She also likes to wander off exploring and isn't as attentive as I'd like, things that can get a dog in trouble in a hurry in the wrong situation. She's getting better about it but like any dog, it takes a while for them to grow up and follow commands consistently. 25 years of Border Collies really spoiled me in that respect. It's a small sample size but this Corgi has tested my patience a lot more. Too cute to stay mad at her very long though. And we have some gate watching potential to explore when we feel comfortable to start doing it.   

Our sheltie did lock my Chevy Luv pickup one time in the winter. I'd gone to Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory's. They had a big, nasty cat so I couldn't bring her in their house with me. I left the pickup running and the heater on so Murphy would be nice and warm. Well, as warm as a crappy Chevy Luv heater would keep you anyway. When I came back out of their house, Murph was wagging her tail, licking the window all happy to see me. She pushed both of the locks down in the process. Greg gave me a ride back to our place so I could get a spare key. He and Mar Mar thought it was pretty funny. I was not amused. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I was lucky the other door was still open.  I keep the window down some now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I could bring shadow down for a week if you really want your patience tested. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I learned to carry the car or truck remote in my pocket. not on the key chain... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy has had some quiet time today. Been in and out but she's taken a shine to the AC. Have some transplants  I want to stick in the ground yet so she can help with that before I make a feed run. In the meantime she's having a nice nap on the cool floor. Quiet and where I can see her is preferable to quiet and where I can't especially inside. No telling what she she might chew up & eat, or find a place to sneak off & pee or poop when I'm not looking. She's gotten better about that but she has definitely been the hardest dog to house break of any of them we've had thus far. A lot of fun but has selective hearing. Time for some rope training sessions methinks.  :coffee: