Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 29209 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I think the NFL will suspend this game untill when??
« Last Edit: January 01/02/23, 09:12:12 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Really tough to watch, thoughts & prayers sent. :cry: It is just a game!! :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 01/03/23, 06:28:14 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This has the potential to be REAL bad. They don't ambulance a guy off the field unless there is a chance it's life threatening. Say a prayer for this young man. Football is only a game but this situation is real life & death.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Right in the chest.....Minutes of CPR means his heart was stopped.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/23, 08:56:35 PM by KEN W »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
NFL suspends game.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking heart attack.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Coverage best on CNN.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A few of the Bill's players didn't want to go back to Buffalo right away last night & went to the hospital instead. Diggs & Bengal's HC,Taylor, were among the 1st at the hospital. :cool:
« Last Edit: January 01/04/23, 10:54:06 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what happened. soinds like he is stable. there was an article on  MSN or somewhere i read what a cardilogists thinks happened.

guess they put him ni-nite to put a breathing tube in!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Heard 1 theory about his heart getting knocked out of rythym when he got hit in the chest helping make the tackle & that was probably a leading factor in the cardiac arrest. :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't want to sound jaded, but...

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about them postponing the game indefinitely - or certainly with no scheduled date or makeup proposal.  I'm assuming that since both teams have already clinched a play-off spot - rather than make them finish the game after such a traumatic injury and heart-felt response from both teams - they will probably let both teams play the last game of the season and hope that the outcome of the Bills/Bengals game would not have had much impact in the play-off seedings.

The one thing that struck me was the player's response:  immediate, fervent, and desperate prayer.   :angel:  The culture promulgated by Mainstream Media does everything in its power to convince us that there is no place for God or expression of religion or Heaven forbid*... public prayer - all in the name of separation of Church and State.   :evil:

* pun intended ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You may be right but I see the media more allowing all of the different religions to do their thing.  Not shunning christianity.   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There is no way the players from the Bills will step on the field as long as their team mates life hangs by a thread. Nor should they.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Move the game from last night to next Monday.
Postpone all the games from next weekend to the following weekend.
Eliminate the first week before the Super Bowl. No one cares about the Pro Bowl anyway.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There is no way the players from the Bills will step on the field as long as their team mates life hangs by a thread. Nor should they.
so. Dutchy, I truly get your point and don't necessarily disagree, and I totally agree this game doesn't need to be finished. The 2 sides are grownups  they can figure something out. BUT let me ask you this. Should a very serious work place injury happen in the course of a normal person ( not an athletes) workplace should everyone working there not have to ever go back to work.

Just asking as a devil's advocate??🤔

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thats a 100% different situation. These people are all highly paid and can afford to miss a check if need be. This game should be played and i'm sure it will be. It just shouldn't be forced on the Bills to do it right away this week was my only point.

Are you sure the delay won't affect your fantasy play-offs? It's just a game except to all the gamblers out there. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you sure the delay won't affect your fantasy play-offs? It's just a game except to all the gamblers out there.

where it's legal are my thoughts
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats a 100% different situation. These people are all highly paid and can afford to miss a check if need be. This game should be played and i'm sure it will be. It just shouldn't be forced on the Bills to do it right away this week was my only point.

first i have no stakes in fantasy football so could care less.

second........maybe i interpetted your orginal post wrong.........yea it happens!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao: but i definitely got the impression you said the Bills  shouldnt have to play that game at any point??

i would agree to disagree to a point........yea its just a game.......but there are one hell of alot of really big paychecks that are tied to this 'game".

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup need to pick a day and play the game.  Not to be cold but a lot of respect has already been shown.  Now back to business. 
« Last Edit: January 01/03/23, 07:13:54 PM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: No way they'll reschedule that game before they see what happens this weekend IMO & then it might not matter.  :tut:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
During a Wednesday afternoon conference call regarding the Damar Hamlin situation, NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent didn’t rule out the possibility of postponing the Week 18 game between the Patriots and the Bills, if Bills players and coaches aren’t ready to proceed.

This is ridiculous....If someone at your place of work tragically died, would everyone not work for 2 weeks??? Not even 1 week.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken I agree with you all the way...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
If the Bills players don't want to play, they should just end the season and forfeit the last 2 games.

Not trying to be heartless here. But people have this kind of thing happen. Just not on National TV.
« Last Edit: January 01/04/23, 07:13:33 PM by KEN W »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If the Bills players don't want to play, they should just end the season and forfeit the last 2 games.

Not trying to be heartless here. But people have this kind of thing happen. Just not on National TV.
  :scratch: It's very tough situation for the league. The owners, NFLPA, the teams, the ticketholders, & the networks will all need to agree on what should happen. I'm not sure that they can figure that out without rescheduling the SB, & I don't believe they'll be willing to do that.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/04/23, 08:29:03 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
During a Wednesday afternoon conference call regarding the Damar Hamlin situation, NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent didn’t rule out the possibility of postponing the Week 18 game between the Patriots and the Bills, if Bills players and coaches aren’t ready to proceed.

This is ridiculous....If someone at your place of work tragically died, would everyone not work for 2 weeks??? Not even 1 week.... :thumbs: :thumbs:
Yup. Just had a coworker that I know really well that passed away unexpectedly over Christmas. We didn't get 2 weeks off. Also had another coworker that crashed his airplane and died last summer up at the angle. No time off for that one either. Like Ken is thinking, they are cuddled a little ho much.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
High level NFL people are saying that the following NFL schedule could happen:

Week 19
Bengals/Bills
NFC wild card playoffs
AFC playoff bye week

Week 20
AFC wild card playoffs
NFC playoff bye week

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals Canceled: What It Means for NFL Schedule

The league is still deciding on what changes to the postseason are needed to achieve maximum competitive fairness following the extraordinary events of the last week.

By declaring Bills-Bengals a no contest — which the Associated Press first reported — the league guaranteed Cincinnati a home playoff game. The Bengals are AFC North champions, as the Ravens cannot catch them in the standings even with a win against Cincinnati in Week 18. The Bengals will be the AFC’s No. 2 or 3 seed. The Ravens will be the No. 5 or 6.

The league’s decision to cancel also means the Kansas City Chiefs can clinch the conference’s No. 1 seed with a win Saturday against the Las Vegas Raiders.

The AP reported Thursday that the league is still working through potential changes to playoff seedings and schedule, changes that must be approved by the NFLPA.

If the reporting from ESPN and ProFootballTalk is accurate, the league is really thinking outside of the box. Everything from adding an eighth team to the field to hosting the conference championship game on a neutral field (if the game involves two of the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs) has been discussed.