Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Walleye Trail Cheaters Get Caught  (Read 2895 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
These guys have been winning for years, now we know why.

https://youtu.be/9T8vN8CmGks
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure were some pissed off folks!!  can't blame them either..   hope they got nailed good!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What was the key word there?  Were they all saying "truck".  LOL  Those guys are done!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked and it is all over the net.  These guys have won thousands of dollars and even a boat.  They will need new employment and hobbies now.  I think they won about A$306,000 in cash and prizes in 2 years and were the Team of the Year winners once and I think with this tourney it would have been year 2 of Team of the Year.  SO is it a felony to fraud that kind of moola?  What will their sponsors do?  Do they have a legal right to sue them?
« Last Edit: October 10/01/22, 08:48:53 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That kind of money I'm sure they are headed to jail for awhile. Surprised they got out of there with their hides intact.
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also read that they would have won even if they didn't weight the fish with lead.  But guys suspected them for awhile of cheating.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Big money can bring out the worst in people. While I'm not above a friendly (low money) wager among a few guys fishing, I've never felt tournaments do much positive for the sport.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Reading about this and yes it is felony attempted theft.  Also the other guys mostly donate their fish to food shelves but these two never do.  Must have been hiding weighted fish for years.  Just the one guy was there on the video.  I guess the other guy immediately headed for their truck and locked himself in so he didn't get his azz kicked. 
« Last Edit: October 10/04/22, 10:23:42 AM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing there are not many anchor ropes in their boats anymore. A nearby tree may have been used.  ;)
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheaters always get caught - sooner or later.   ;)

A Conspiracy Theory About Anal Beads Is Only The Beginning Of A Chess Cheating Allegation

:oops1: :offtopic:

A conspiracy theory about a player using vibrating anal beads to cheat has rocked the world of professional chess players for weeks — but the serious allegations are just as eyebrow-raising.

In a shock upset, 19-year-old Hans Niemann from the US defeated 31-year-old world champion Magnus Carlsen from Norway on Sept. 4 in the Sinquefield Cup, a $350,000 tournament in St. Louis. Carlsen withdrew from the tournament the following day — the first time he has ever dropped out of a competition — and tweeted a video of Portuguese soccer manager José Mourinho saying, “If I speak, I am in big trouble.”
« Last Edit: October 10/04/22, 03:42:29 PM by Steve-o »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

A Conspiracy Theory About Anal Beads Is Only The Beginning Of A Chess Cheating Allegation

A conspiracy theory about a player using vibrating anal beads to cheat has rocked the world of professional chess players for weeks — but the serious allegations are just as eyebrow-raising.

In a shock upset, 19-year-old Hans Niemann from the US defeated 31-year-old world champion Magnus Carlsen from Norway on Sept. 4 in the Sinquefield Cup, a $350,000 tournament in St. Louis. Carlsen withdrew from the tournament the following day — the first time he has ever dropped out of a competition — and tweeted a video of Portuguese soccer manager José Mourinho saying, “If I speak, I am in big trouble.”

Your weird.....  :laughroll:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Your weird.....  :laughroll:
I'm not the one trying to cheat at chess.   ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Barreiro on KFAN talked about that today.  Weird is correct.   They also talked about this fishing deal.  Last year these two cheaters won the 2021 tourney but one of them failed the polygraph test so they hired lawyers and are contesting not giving them the prize.  NOW I'm thinking their lawyer may have a reversal on his thoughts about the case when he sees the video of his clients.  The prize last year was worth about $150 don't quote me but this is close.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If they just learned how to catch big fish they wouldn't have to cheat.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The fish that they caught weren't as big as yours Roony but theirs would have won without the weights in them...  May be a challenge for them to find gainful employment after this. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Prosecutor: Fishermen caught cheating at tournament charged:

According to search warrant affidavits, the five walleye contained a total of eight 12-ounce (.34 kilogram) lead weights and two 8-ounce (.23 kilogram) weights, as well as the fish fillets. Officers from ODNR, the Hermitage Police Department and the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission seized a boat, trailer and fishing gear belonging to Cominsky on Tuesday in Pennsylvania. The anglers had used the boat during last month's tournament, the affidavits said.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
read else where they are pure trouble makers with a checkered past too... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One has a couple poaching charges and a no contact deal for domestic abuse.   Far from good people. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I've followed this pretty closely.

If they don't go to jail I see both of them moving far out of state where they wouldn't be known. Maybe do a little guiding somewhere. By all accounts they both are good anglers...just not good people.

I also see a divorce in their future. You can lie to them, cheat on them, beat on them but you can't embarrass them and drag their name through the mud. Wives won't tolerate that. So, after everything is over they will end up broke, alone and with a criminal record. All over trying to win a Walleye Tournament or 10. I don't think they thought things through very well.

Karma is a bitch boys.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw yesterday Ranger showed up and took their boat back.  Showed them towing it away. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!