Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mom's Egg Bake  (Read 1325 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Cook in a 9 X 13 pan uncovered.  I will at the very least double that amount of cheese.  I will be adding some of our red onions, mushrooms, and some garlic.  I will also use more sausage links and will cut them up into smaller pieces so they spread out more. 

I will think about any other mods to this and rewrite the whole thing in the next few days. 
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 06:31:57 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is great and has been a favorite of our family when we all got together.  Especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I miss those family get togethers as we are all so close but Mom and Dad aren't up to it any more. 
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 06:02:23 PM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't go wrong with more sausage.  A buddy years ago did something similar to this and refrigeratored over night that was awesome.  I hear ya lps, my folks don't get around much either.  Our fav lately are Carmel rolls on xmas.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 06:17:54 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes this should sit overnight too.  I suppose the let the cream and eggs soak in? 
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 06:26:29 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Caramel rolls sound great!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep.as long as there aint no nutz  :tut: :tut: in them!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife does something similar. She uses some seasoned croutons and mushrooms in it. Also bulk sausage that’s crumbled. Sits in the fridge overnight and baked in the morning. it’s great. I like to spice it up with a little Frank’s hot sauce.
Marriage made in heaven—she likes to cook(and is really god at it) and I like to eat.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect FW.   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife does something similar. She uses some seasoned croutons and mushrooms in it. Also bulk sausage that’s crumbled. Sits in the fridge overnight and baked in the morning. it’s great. I like to spice it up with a little Frank’s hot sauce.
Marriage made in heaven—she likes to cook(and is really god at it) and I like to eat.

that's very similar to what I make..  I do a layer of hashbrowns covered by 10 eggs, cooked bulk sausage onions peppers and cheese mixed together and poured on..  hot sauce is a nice idea!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :nerd:
:scratch: :bonk: Yeah,........................................your nutz enough!!!!!!!!! :nerd:      ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 07:35:07 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: :bonk: Yeah,........................................your nutz enough!!!!!!!!! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

isnt there an egg bake you throw bread in??? my wife made something like that once in a while.......it was ok at best.

i'd like to try LPS's version!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
There is one with bread. When she does that one, it also has blueberries and juice in it. That one works with some maple syrup. Probably wouldn’t do too well with hot sauce.

The croutons on the other one take the place of bread. They’re spread on the bottom of the pan in one layer. Makes kind of a seasoned soft crust.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/22, 08:39:08 PM by fishwidow »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you can use biscuits too!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
These are all great recipes and variations.

The overnight sit part is so everything can soak into the bread.  If you were using a layer of hash browns instead of bread, I'd think you could bake it right away.

The nice thing about the overnight soak is that you have all of the prep done the night before.  One less thing to do when everyone is gathering in the morning.

Good luck to everyone preparing for your celebrations this weekend.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We do the bake with the croutons in it rather often. Good stuff.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We do something similar but it's more of a french toast bake. Some dried bread, blueberries, & cream cheese mixed with milk & eggs.It needs to set in the fridge overnight for the bread to soak up most of the liquid.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Cook in a 9 X 13 pan uncovered.  I will at the very least double that amount of cheese.  I will be adding some of our red onions, mushrooms, and some garlic.  I will also use more sausage links and will cut them up into smaller pieces so they spread out more. 

I will think about any other mods to this and rewrite the whole thing in the next few days.
Maybe a few splashes of Tabasco, or a sprinkle of Lawry's salt.   :huh:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I put Lawry's on almost everything.  That is my salt.  Yes some Tabasco may be a good touch!