Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MLB playoffs  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It just might be the Phillies year. :crazy:  Big game for the Astros tonight.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I will have me some Paul Masson Grand Amber brandy.  Actually I know I will.  HH is soon too.  Time to get a fire going pretty soon.

I always thought Brandy was made from spoiled grapes.    ;)
:rotflmao: :mooning: watch it bubba, I like my brandy too!!🤣

Spoiled beer, spoiled grapes, yep it all makes sense now.    :cool:

It's the spoiled part that makes us smile. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I think I will have me some Paul Masson Grand Amber brandy.  Actually I know I will.  HH is soon too.  Time to get a fire going pretty soon.

I always thought Brandy was made from spoiled grapes.    ;)
:rotflmao: :mooning: watch it bubba, I like my brandy too!!🤣

Spoiled beer, spoiled grapes, yep it all makes sense now.    :cool:

It's the spoiled part that makes us smile.
pretty sure dutchy's grain belt is made from the leftovers from the spoiled grapes!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man did Houston jump over that Phillies pitcher!🙄

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Wheelers pretty good. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't settle down and hold them the rest of the innings he pitches.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That pitcher for Houston ain't to shabby either.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He works really fast & that messes with most hitters so they're usually trying to slow him down. That high heater from a lefty is tough to hit & his curveball can be wicked too. He'd probably win the AL Cy Young if it wasn't for Verlander.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Game 3 tonight, McCullers vs Syndergaard................7:03 1st pitch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Game 3 tonight, McCullers vs Syndergaard................7:03 1st pitch.
rained out!!!!!!! :pouty: no i guess it may me cinncy and cleveland football........sounds exciting!!!!!!! :pouty: :embarrassed: :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah, the NFL game wasn't much good.  :shocked: They'll try again tonight at the same time. No Syndergaard for the Phillies though, Saurez instead.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
4 Houston pitchers throw a NO -HITTER

Only the second one in 119 years. And I watched it.!!!!!

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Their bullpen was really good, but Javier was even better. :bow: A 93-mph fastball that they pretty much know is coming & the lefthanded batters are only hitting .190 against him for the season. :scratch: Righthanded it's even better, not even .150. :crazy: He painted a lot of corners last night too. Verlander vs Syndergaard tonight, I'd be surprised if Syndergaard goes more than 3 innings or 1 time through the lineup.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Game 6 tonight, 7:03.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched it while flipping back and forth to football. Nice win for the Astros. They were the better team.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Dusty got his ring & 'Bama got beat!! :happy1: :cool: :dancinred:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
'Bama looks very un-'Bamaish. That defense has more holes in it than a minnow net.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough conference.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
José Altuve Tragically Stepped On During Rangers' Post-Game Celebration link  ;)

HOUSTON, TX — In a horrific yet tiny accident, Houston Astros second baseman José Altuve was accidentally stepped on as the Texas Rangers stormed the mound to celebrate making it to the World Series.

"Poor little guy," said Yordan Alvarez, cradling Altuve's miniature frame in his palm. "He's like a 'Flat Stanley', but smaller and flatter."

According to witnesses, Rangers shortstop Corey Seager felt a slight crunch under his cleat when running out to celebrate his team's game seven victory. "I thought I'd stepped on a little cricket. I feel terrible," said Mr. Seager during his postgame interview. "I'm jumping around shouting, then all of a sudden I catch a glimpse of the bottom of my shoe - and there's José. He was still smiling his cute little smile. Sad!"

The Houston Astros mourned the tragic loss of their beloved star, with several players blaming themselves. "I spent so many hours carrying him around in my hat," said Kyle Tucker. "José was such a sweet little guy. We'd go out to dinner and I'd order steak, then he would just spend the whole hour nibbling on a little piece of a french fry. José stayed with my family for Thanksgiving one year, and we put a little cotton ball in a matchbox for his bed. He was so cozy. Oh, José!"

At publishing time, Minnesota Twins shortstop Carlos Correa had returned to Houston to secure the remains of his old friend in a trash can lid.

:rotflmao: :dancinred: :woot: :king: :laughroll:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The WS starts Friday night & it's 2-3-2 with the 1st game in Arlington. Off days are Sunday & Thursday, all games are scheduled for a 7:03 1st pitch on Fox. :cool:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/23, 06:15:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Shocked that Arizona beat the Philly's. I'll watch Friday night only because Fox will pre-empt my Rasslin again. I really don't think either team is interesting.   :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was happy to see the Astros eliminated.  I don't like Philly fans, but I don't have any ill will toward the Phillies.  I do like Bryce Harper.  I was good either way with the National League series.  I figure with the Diamondbacks winning, I'll have the chance to get to know more about a new batch of players.

I won't know who I'm rootin for until I start watching the action and see which team I'm more drawn too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I was hoping to see a D-backs/Rangers matchup :happy1: :cool:, but quite surprised that's how it turned out since both teams were down 2-0. The young guy who started last night, Pfaadt, had an awesome series for Arizona. Their new bullpen was pretty good too.
« Last Edit: October 10/25/23, 08:24:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Corbin Carrol (RF) likely NL Rookie of the Year too. https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/42404/corbin-carroll

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Game 1 tonight, 7:03 1st pitch. Gallen vs Eovaldi. Kelly gets Game 2 for the D-backs, but Bochy hasn't named his SP yet.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
D-backs win game 2, 9-1. Back to Phoenix tied 1-1. :cool: Game 3 @ 7;03 Monday on Fox.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Try as I might I can't get into this series. I don't like Texas and can't get behind the underdog Arizona.

I guess I understand how the country felt in '87.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Kind of curious to see if Pfaadt can keep his roll going on Monday. He didn't have a very good regular season but has been really good in his last 3 starts.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't know who I'm rootin for until I start watching the action and see which team I'm more drawn too.
As soon as Game 1 started, I was just naturally pulled to the Rangers.  It isn't that I dislike the D-Backs.  I kinda like all their young talent and that they might be good for years to come.  But for the Rangers...  It was probably the American League pull and that they beat the Astros, or maybe it was ol' George "W" (doin' what ex-presidents ought to be doing) throwing out the first pitch or the young woman from the Boys and Girls Club who nailed the National Anthem. 

I didn't watch the whole game last night, but it seems the Rangers are starting to get a little nicked up.  Hoping they can find a way to steal game 4 or at least not wipe out their bullpen in a "bullpen game" loss.  G'luck.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, both Mad Max & Garcia went out early. Not so sure we'll see Garcia again & that could be big as he has a big share of their RBI's. Scherzer is a bulldog & will be back if it's at all possible IMO. Except for Chapman the Rangers pen was solid last night.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that Friday's game 1 was the lowest TV rated World Series game ever.

No big city teams. Not the usual high priced teams contending. :thumbs: