Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deadeye is the best  (Read 1810 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
3 of my kids got their 1st deer on their 1st or 2nd days of hunting with a rifle.  Terrell on the other hand, not so much.  Outdoors type stuff didn't come easy for him.  He had hunted hard for about 4 or 5 years with nothing to show for his efforts.   To my surprise all 4 of my kids said they were going to make it to deer camp.  With only 1 doe permit for our group it didn't look so good again.   

Enter Deadeye,  he offered us the chance to get Terrell a chance to get his 1st deer.  Originally we had planned to hunt Thursday but Terrell couldn't get the day off.  It got worse, with the planned concrete pour planned for the cabin Saturday the quest for his 1st deer wasn't looking good.  Lucky for us concrete pour was postponed for a week due to not being able to get it delivered.  Deadeye said perfect and we could meet Saturday and head to his camp "near and deer".

After getting settled into the cabin Deadeye showed Terrell the lay of the land we headed to the world famous turkey blind that has now become a popular deer blind.  All 3 of us settled in.  We both helped coach up Terrell and we practiced everything before the deer showed up. We did also get a cool show from 7 turkeys.  After all, we were in the turkey blind. 

Almost as if they popped up out of the ground there were 2 does it the plot.  Terrell got the rifle out the window.  The doe wasn't broadside so Terrell couldn't shoot yet.  I had my phone and was going to video his shot.  I almost cost him the shot because my phones light came on and the doe seen it and looked like she was going to bolt.  Deadeye said she's going leave and told Terrell to shoot.  She had started to turn enough for a good shot.  Terrell shot and the doe took off on a death run. After a short search Terrell had his1st deer.  We also found the bullet just under the hide.  Copper bullets are the best

Thank you Larry.  I am blessed to have you as a friend.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good story DK. 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s really cool, DK. Good for you, good for Deadeye, and great for Terrell.  Well done!!!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
awesome!!!   congrats to him!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is awesome! Congrats to Terrell!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Congrates! T!! Thats awesome!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
3 of my kids got their 1st deer on their 1st or 2nd days of hunting with a rifle.  Terrell on the other hand, not so much.  Outdoors type stuff didn't come easy for him.  He had hunted hard for about 4 or 5 years with nothing to show for his efforts.   To my surprise all 4 of my kids said they were going to make it to deer camp.  With only 1 doe permit for our group it didn't look so good again.   

Enter Deadeye,  he offered us the chance to get Terrell a chance to get his 1st deer.  Originally we had planned to hunt Thursday but Terrell couldn't get the day off.  It got worse, with the planned concrete pour planned for the cabin Saturday the quest for his 1st deer wasn't looking good.  Lucky for us concrete pour was postponed for a week due to not being able to get it delivered.  Deadeye said perfect and we could meet Saturday and head to his camp "near and deer".

After getting settled into the cabin Deadeye showed Terrell the lay of the land we headed to the world famous turkey blind that has now become a popular deer blind.  All 3 of us settled in.  We both helped coach up Terrell and we practiced everything before the deer showed up. We did also get a cool show from 7 turkeys.  After all, we were in the turkey blind. 

Almost as if they popped up out of the ground there were 2 does it the plot.  Terrell got the rifle out the window.  The doe wasn't broadside so Terrell couldn't shoot yet.  I had my phone and was going to video his shot.  I almost cost him the shot because my phones light came on and the doe seen it and looked like she was going to bolt.  Deadeye said she's going leave and told Terrell to shoot.  She had started to turn enough for a good shot.  Terrell shot and the doe took off on a death run. After a short search Terrell had his1st deer.  We also found the bullet just under the hide.  Copper bullets are the best

Thank you Larry.  I am blessed to have you as a friend.
Maybe I missed the back story. Was this a youth hunt or did I miss rifle season?    :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Early doe season in zone 221
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Early doe season in zone 221

Ok good.
I though you were going to tell me someone that looks like a Linebacker for the Crimson Tide, was only 17!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dakids, you are welcome. I always enjoy being part of a kid's adventure taking his first deer. I'm glad it worked out like it did as you know it is "hunting" and anything can happen. We did have a great time and Terrel although a bit quiet for a deer camp was like a sponge trying to take in all the information that Jerry and I were dumping on him.  Now that he's over the "first deer" hump I'm sure he will have no problems getting more.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
dakids, you are welcome. I always enjoy being part of a kid's adventure taking his first deer. I'm glad it worked out like it did as you know it is "hunting" and anything can happen. We did have a great time and Terrel although a bit quiet for a deer camp was like a sponge trying to take in all the information that Jerry and I were dumping on him.  Now that he's over the "first deer" hump I'm sure he will have no problems getting more.
Now ya just got to get Reuben dat first Buck!   :happy1:   :rotflmao: