Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: winter severity index  (Read 1082 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so i just looked at the map on the DNR website, says it was udated through april 20th of this year???? why isnt it getting better??? looks  worse then it did all year??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, it never gets better because it's an accumulating statistic. It will remain as it is now for eternity. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, it never gets better because it's an accumulating statistic. It will remain as it is now for eternity.
I'm not understanding what your saying???  It's updated every so often so one should assume as the snow melts and the temperature rises it would get easier.

Unless this year's will stay as it is, and assume they start clean next winter??? :scratch:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it starts out a 0 every fall. They add (1) point for every day the temp drops below 0 degrees and (1) point for every day the snow depth is over 15 inches. Consequently, it can only go up and never goes down. Think of it as taxes.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I'd rather not!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just looked at the winter severity index for deer. it says updated to 1-11-2023. except for a couple small areas in the arrowhead it still at its lowest level????

the snow is plenty deep enough.......it must be due to the decent temps?????????/