Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wetland destruction or not?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Watch the two videos below and see what you think?  Wet land destruction or not? 

I saw these clowns on Youtube and sent it in to the MN DNR and this was there reply and mind back to them. 

May help to read the Wet land use description on the DNR web page as well. 

Read bottom-up. 

To: Vollbrecht, Brice (DNR) Cc: Seefeldt, Phillip (DNR)

"Well you are the experts paid to protect our wet lands.  If you didn’t see any objectional wet land damage in either of the two videos I forwarded.   Then I guess I must have been mistaken what wetland and Wild rice bed damaged must be?  Just a question if there registered to operate in a public water area, do they have to use a boat launch like every other water craft or just fly off through the reeds like they did in the video?  Keep doing a great job guys!  May be I buy one.

Thanks for your time.  Steve"

https://youtu.be/05AUqI42_aE

https://youtu.be/JANi3ub8Sqw

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 3:53 PM
To: Outofwork2@outlook.com
Cc: Seefeldt, Phillip (DNR)
Subject: Sherp Complaint

Steve:

I got an email sent to me through the info center regarding a wetland complaint you had sent in about a year ago.  I also saw the email you attempt to send Captain Seefeldt.  Just wanted to let you know the Captain was not  ignoring you, it looks like you misspelled his name in the original email you sent. 

This spring after the snow/ice melted and things started to green up, one of our enforcement pilots flew around the area where the farm is located.  The pilot was unable to locate any areas of concern where the Sherp may have caused damage to the wetland.  The pilot also flew over other wetland areas close to the farm, but did not observe any damage.

The Sherp is dual registered which would allow it to operate in a public water area.  If the other wetland/lake where they drove down the road is private property we have not received any complaints from landowners down there for trespass. 

I have included the Captain in this email.  If you have any further questions feel free to contact either one of us.

Thank you

Conservation Officer Brice Vollbrecht, Bemidji #1 Station
MN DNR Enforcement
(Cell)-218-760-1798

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't even realize that was in MN. I didn't see anything that was terrible. Seemed like most of it was on private land. If not then mowing down them trees on public would be bad.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I moved up here I was going to get an Argo so I could go anywhere in all of the low land and swamps up here.  Everyone said don't do it. They will arrest you asap.  Illegal to do it. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't even realize that was in MN. I didn't see anything that was terrible. Seemed like most of it was on private land. If not then mowing down them trees on public would be bad.
Yep they can destroy their own land. But once they enter a water way and start mowing down wild rice or any wet land in MN it's illegal. This is up by Bemidji, MN at a dealer called Sherp USA. The one video clearly shows them leaving their property and driving down county roads to what ever lake they were running around on. I'm not against having a Sherp, I think their pretty cool, but when you destroy wet lands for a YouTube video, you need to pay restution and fines!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen there is a guy up here that is going to guide and run fish houses out of Zipple bay that has a sherp. His prices are crazy. Argos are nice. The guy that owns the hunting camp has one. With the tracks on it the thing can go thru a lot and not leave a rut. Just knocks down the weeds.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep they can destroy their own land. But once they enter a water way and start mowing down wild rice or any wet land in MN it's illegal. This is up by Bemidji, MN at a dealer called Sherp USA. The one video clearly shows them leaving their property and driving down county roads to what ever lake they were running around on. I'm not against having a Sherp, I think their pretty cool, but when you destroy wet lands for a YouTube video, you need to pay restution and fines!
I would have to agree with that.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looks fun as he11! But I agree, private land only. Definitely destroying things and no way should that be legal on public.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw a video of this guy awhile back.  He has a monster truck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, he is a young rich farm kid who has a Youtube channel where he makes $1,000s of dollars from views, destroying things. He has even done a few classic cars as well. To me it's sicking!   :bs:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, he is a young rich farm kid who has a Youtube channel where he makes $1,000s of dollars from views, destroying things. He has even done a few classic cars as well. To me it's sicking!   :bs:
Yep, Whistlen Diesel is his channel. I have watched some of his videos. Not a big fan of his.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a douche bag...  just my thoughts...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Another reply from the DNR Capt.  Sounds like their a bit afraid to dig in and get what the need to prosecute.  :undecided:

Mr. Beeeped-out  ;)
I do want to thank you for your time in researching and sending us the information.  The second video in particular involves the CBoyz near Cormorant Village in Becker County.  If you watch many of their videos they are full of violations.  We have met with the County Attorney’s Office and we have been told that unless we can provide a date/time of the actual event they will decline to prosecute.  We have identified many of the players in these videos but only have a date/time of the video release and not the actual date and time.  We have also made contact with them and taken enforcement action in many of their videos.  They are not afraid to film our officers in action.  In addition the first video was a year or two old if I recall.  I will not disagree that when looking at the video there is areas of concern but unless we can observe the damage and be able to testify in court that the wetland was damaged we would likely not be successful in prosecution.  We will continue to monitor their activity and if observed causing damage we will be taking enforcement action.  We appreciate and share your concerns.  If you have any additional information please forward to us.  Capt. Seefeldt

These Jackwads! 
https://youtu.be/lf-vsmsxsnk

« Last Edit: December 12/04/22, 08:52:00 PM by Leech~~ »