Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trucking is the place to be...  (Read 1045 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bought diesel fuel in Baudette around noon today. Paid $4.23 per gallon. Fuel at the Junction west of International Falls was $5.28 per gallon and diesel in town is $5.39 everywhere.

Pays pretty well per gallon to truck it 70 miles.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been wondering how you diesel guys been doing after looking at the prices here in the cities,  pretty sad when 4.23 makes one feel good.. By the way,  what are you fellas getting mpg anyway??

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
On my trip to Baudette today I got 24.3 on the truck computer. Thats a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins at 60 mph. If I stay under 70 mph it's pretty consistently over 23 when not towing.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy. Diesel is 4.89 in Warroad. And that is down from 5.49 2 weeks ago. Most times I drive my pickup I a pulling a 5th wheel camper or bobcat on a trailer. So my milage is usually not to great. It is a 2020 Duramax.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Crazy. Diesel is 4.89 in Warroad. And that is down from 5.49 2 weeks ago. Most times I drive my pickup I a pulling a 5th wheel camper or bobcat on a trailer. So my milage is usually not to great. It is a 2020 Duramax.

I hear you JB. I have a 2005 1 ton Powerstroke thats lucky to get above 13 mpg. Plenty of power though. Early this spring I put a plow on it so now the milage really doesn't matter, it sucks 100% of the time.   :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for these trucking companies though that have to fill the tanks of semis. Cha Ching every time. I would cry. Oh wait I cry when I have to fil my tank.  :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back a few years ago when gas was sky high I worked for the Hwy Dept and drove trucks a lot.  It cost about $400 a day for me to fuel up. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i have a high school buddy that is a diesel mechanic.............he said the big joke to those guys is the only reason they make diesel fuel is to make soot and smoke!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't get that out of the new diesels anymore. Kinda sad.  :pouty: