Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Soup  (Read 8531 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never had the corned beef in a can but if I can handle Spam twice a year I can handle that.  Sounds like a fun recipe. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually don't change recipes until I've made something a time or two but in this case I think the corned beef you have in your freezer would work just fine.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Spam and Gnocchi Soup
Recipe is on Spam's recipe site.
It looks good, I will try it this winter

Offline DennyO

• Outdoorsman
Easy Reubens Soup
2 cans cream of celery soup
1/2 to 1 cup chopped onions sautéed in 2 T butter
1 can corned beef broken up in pieces
1 qt. Half and half
2 soup cans milk
1 pt sauerkraut drained rinsed and coarsely chopped
1cip shredded Swiss cheese
Garnish with rye bread croutons you can toast a couple slices of rye bread and break them into pieces.
Combine all ingredients gradually blending the liquids into the mixture. Gently heat the soup on stove top or in microwave. Sprinkle the croutons over soupin the bowls.
Is the canned corned beef a 12oz can or???

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna buy the ingredients today!  Thanks Roony

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy Reubens Soup
1 qt. Half and half
2 soup cans milk
Garnish with rye bread croutons you can toast a couple slices of rye bread and break them into pieces.
Combine all ingredients gradually blending the liquids into the mixture. Gently heat the soup on stove top or in microwave. Sprinkle the croutons over soupin the bowls.
Is the canned corned beef a 12oz can or???
Yes

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden is making a good old beef vegetable soup for supper

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I just picked up a frozen bagged old fashion chicken noodle and a wild rice from Von Hansens Meats. I'll toss them in the crock pot, I hope they aren't terrible.   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just had a bowl of the Old Fashion Chicken Noodle. Wasn't horrible, but it wasn't memorable either.

A 7 1/2 out of 10.  :smiley:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The beef vegetable soup was very good. The soup bones had a lot of meat on them.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I made pheasant and rice vegetable soup a couple days ago.....really good. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My family enjoys making soup. I have to add sauerkraut soup to all the other great soups mentioned. I will have to try that Reuben soup soon.
« Last Edit: November 11/08/23, 07:00:40 AM by Rodwork »

Offline DennyO

• Outdoorsman
Easy Reubens Soup
1 qt. Half and half
2 soup cans milk
Is the "Caned Corned" beef a 12oz can or???
Yes
Thanks I'll weigh out home made and add a touch. Ya' never "Can" turn down too much corned beef "Can" ya?

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a batch of pheasant noodle soup today from the roosters I shot the past weekend. Cooked the caucuses to get broth. Tasted great.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the way to do it Ken,  getting evey morsel off a bird is a plus!!  :happy1:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I make a pretty good from scratch Chicken Noodle or Rice more often at my house soup. Take a whole fryer chicken and boil it in a pot of water. Once the chicken is cooked probably an hour or so, take it out and let it cool on a plate. Then chop up the veggies, I use celery, carrots and onion and put them in the pot. Then I season the soup, salt and pepper, some garlic powder and heavy dose of paprika till it tastes the way I want. Then chop up or break apart the chicken and let it all simmer until the veggies are soft. Drop in the noodles or rice and continue until that is cooked and your set.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to try that again.  Did it once but put way too many noodles in it. 

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have to try that again.  Did it once but put way too many noodles in it.

That is the hard part, even with rice it always looks like there should be more until you made stew or a casserole. Start with a smaller amount, you can always add more.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I make that also. Did it the last time with left over turkey.  But I pre cook the rice or noodles first. And let them sit in the water until they have absorbed as much as possible. Because if there is any soup left over, the rice or noodles absorb all the soup broth and it becomes hotdish.
« Last Edit: November 11/29/23, 12:21:22 PM by KEN W »

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I make that also. Did it the last time with left over turkey.  But I pre cook the rice or noodles first. And let them sit in the water until they have absorbed as much as possible. Because if there is any soup left over, the rice or noodles absorb all the soup broth and it becomes hotdish.

That is genius Ken. I will try that next time there is always left over cause you can't make a small batch of soup!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great idea Ken. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This afternoon I will be making a big batch of ham and bean soup.  I had a bone and a nice big chunk of ham in the freezer so will use them up.  Got lots of carrots and celery and onions to add to it with a shot of liquid smoke and some apple cider vinegar.   :sleazy: :sleazy:  Drooling just thinking about it.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's sounds like a good idea. We have a bone and ham meat in the freezer too. Have to see how ambitious I feel.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It will be great weather for making soup this weekend. I am making 5 gallons of vegetable beef. Ham bean will come after I gather enough Christmas hams bones.  On my ham bean soup I like to add refried beans to thicken up the broth. It adds a nice texture to it.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
5 GALLONS!!!   Now that is a batch of soup.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Like the idea of adding refried beans.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
5 GALLONS!!!   Now that is a batch of soup.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The pot is so big that I had to replace my microwave hood range with one of those half high ones just to get clearance to stir it. Soup vacuum packs and freezes well. I make little bags and bring a pot with fishing. I use my big buddy heater to melt snow and place the soup in the bag into it. Eat right out of the bag once it 's hot and there is no clean up.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just make sure your vacuum pack bags are BPA free.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the place i order mine from are BPA free
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Rodwork, do you use a chamber vac sealer for freezing your soup?