Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The adventures of Lulu  (Read 2565 times)

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’m about two years behind but thought I’d start a thread as a couple are already going for the other MNO pups ( I’ll catch up within a few months).

Meet puppy Honolulu (Lulu) for short! Having spent some time in the Marshall Islands and many many vacation in HI, proposing in HI, the wife and I have been sticking to Hawaiian themed names. Our last pup, who we adapted shortly after marriage was name Kona… an amazing dog.

Lulu is a completely different dog but incredibly smart. Sometimes I feel bad as she has so much potential, but she’s loving life!

Here’s adaption day! Started off rough as she was diagnosis with Parvo just a few weeks before we could pick here up.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: what a cutie!! :wowza: is this going the same direction as that white one of mine!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:happy1: what a cutie!! :wowza: is this going the same direction as that white one of mine!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Heck yeah! That shadow is one cute dog (can a guy call another man’s dog “cute?” Lol) I think there about the same age. Lulu might be half the size thought.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good lookin pup!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool PE.  Nice pup.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Awwww puppy wuppy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking pup! Reminds me of the black Lab puppy I had I had 40 years ago when living in ND. Am sure yours will be enjoyed as much as mine was.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Now I want another dog.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gorgeous looking pup pulleye!!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Pup and I went for her second ice fishing trip. I think she ate all the dead minnows on the ice, and some wax worms…at least that’s what I found on the living room rug the following morning.  :angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she looks innocent enough!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Better than cat & other assorted fecal material being yakked up... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She is getting bigger.  Looking good. I use frozen emerald shiners a lot.  Every time I go fishing I give each dog one for good luck.  If fishing is slow I give them another one.  When I put new ones on they get the old one.  The wife can tell by the farts that I gave them minnows.  It used to irritate her but she is used to it now.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
She is getting bigger.  Looking good. I use frozen emerald shiners a lot.  Every time I go fishing I give each dog one for good luck.  If fishing is slow I give them another one.  When I put new ones on they get the old one.  The wife can tell by the farts that I gave them minnows.  It used to irritate her but she is used to it now.

she must be a saint!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No doubt about it.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No doubt about it.   :sleazy:
she's looking over your shoulder when you posted that aint she  :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No she is in the other room reading.  When she clunks her coffee cup down harder it means she wants me to fill her cup.   LOL  She can hear everything so she probably can hear what I type.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  She is the best!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be right back.  She just clunked.  LOLOL

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well…been a rough few weeks. Found a small lump on the puppy and brought her in…cancer.  :angry2: :pouty:

Today, she had her long surgery to hopefully remove all the cancer. We won’t find out for another week as to how bad it is or if it had spread. Not fun for a 3 y/o puppy…or for
Momma.

She is enjoy some canned pumpkin though!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dam that sucks. Hopefully they got it all. To young. Awesome looking pooch too!! :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thoughts and prayers to you all. Been down the cancer road (inoperable) with older dogs. Hopefully being young, they got it all and she'll come out of it like nothing ever happened.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I too hate to hear that...   have had to much cancer in my history with dogs and people...   suks big time...   hope all is good with her!!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I too hate to hear that...   have had to much cancer in my history with dogs and people...   suks big time...   hope all is good with her!!!!
yea same here.

Pulleye give her a couple extra hugs for us!!!!!!!1 :happy1:

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Will do! I don’t think she’s with it quite yet which is tough but hopefully she snaps out of it soon.  Then again, maybe it’s helping her relax.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn that is a bummer to say the least.  I sure hope she turns out ok.  Got to love them as much as we can whilst we have them.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping for the best for her Pulley. Makes me sad thinking about it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Been down that road also pulleye,  but she's way too young, hopefully young enough to fight it off. Good luck lulu and you and the fam pulleye!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping for the best outcome for your pup, Pulleye.