Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Home Improvement  (Read 1125 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am updating my ductwork in the basement.   I have that flexible stuff in areas and am changing it to metal.  I am doing it mainly so I can add a run to the office where my chair is.  SO I get 10 x 15 duct work at Menards.  That can handle an 8" round which is coming out of my plenum and I will have 2  6" round coming out of the end which is the perfect amount of air flow according to the charts I have looked at.  I have it all put together and now need the ends and Menards doesn't have end caps for 10 x 15 and they can't order it.  I went to the company's website that they get it from and they do all even number of duct.  They must have special made this for Menards.  Now I have to call them tomorrow to see if they can make me 2 of them.  WTF.  Why does big M even sell odd numbers if they don't have caps to fit?????   Makes me want to work at places like that to clean up their lack of common sense. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, good point lps.  Been  many a year since I sold duct work,  any chance you can make your own ends ? Cut and fold it to fit and use the seam tabs that fold?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
any heating and cooling place can make them for you I would think...   just a thought... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 2 ends that are longer but the same end on them.  If I have to I can cut them and pop rivet them together or put a 2x2 in there and drill some holes and screw them to that at one end.