Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sheds  (Read 1128 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This is the first time I've found sheds in a matter of a couple feet..... pretty cool 😎
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Very cool. I never realized how many folks do this until I stated last year.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shed hunting sounds like fun and I have never intentionally done it.  I read about the guys doing it with their dogs and that looks fun.  I need to actually commit to doing that. 

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Great exercise program.  Go find more
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Running around the field today, I found an old one.... most of the time, mice and other varmints have chewed them up.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I found one about like that back in April when I was fixing fence west of our dooryard. Were 4 distinct, nice points on it. & as you said, untouched by critters. I tossed it in the Gator with my fencing tools and didn't think much of it. I just didn't want to find it stuck in a tractor tire. A few days later, I saw my wife carrying it with her to the house as I was finishing up morning chores. Now what? Forgot all about it until later in the week. When I asked what she'd done with it, she'd used it along with some of the pussy willows from our wetland as part of a casket spray. It was for a young guy who'd died tragically. He happened to be an avid deer hunter. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet it did.  How cool. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for sharing that dotch. It did bring a tear to my eyes.
mm