Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Thermal Drone  (Read 808 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
1st, I hate drones and it would probably be hard not to shot one down, but I do think this is pretty cool technology...and scary at the same time.

(just skip to the actual footage)

https://youtu.be/vI9U9sae96g

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Drones tech IS amazing.  I think about the first military observation drones in the 90s and what they must have cost to develop - millions and millions I'm sure to develop all the inertial navigation, cameras, flight platforms, etc.

Now you can get all that exact same technology - with IR (except without military range or ruggedness) - for a few hundred bucks.

One thing he didn't say in the video was whether or not the 'yotes were eatin' on the dead buck.  Obviously this guy didn't fly a wide enough search pattern to find the deer, but I do wonder how much faster the carcass would have cooled down after the coyotes tore into it - cooler meat, less IR signature.