Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gas stoves?  (Read 2575 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We are all electric here too. But i wish I would have put in a gas stove. I am going to install propane boilers for heat this summer. I think right now propane is like $1.80/gallon I heard from someone.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Would be nice to have a gas stove if the electricity went out. At least some source of heat.

Yup, gas stove gives you that option. We found that out in the '91 Halloween blizzard. Stayed warm melting snow on the stove & running an infrared LP heater. We already had gas forced air heat before we put our addition on in '08 then put floor heat in the addition & expanded the forced air into it as well. We added an electric boiler, an off peak electric water heater & off peak control on the central air a few years later to maximize the savings thru our electric co-op. We also ran a double-throw switch so we can run either a smaller gas/LP generator or hook up the 25 kw Onan to the tractor. We found after borrowing the neighbor's 5500 w portable for a few days that it didn't have enough capacity to run the electric water heater. Did run the well, forced air furnace & everything else just fine. Have a spare 100 lb. cylinder so keep eyeing LP portable generators but haven't pulled the trigger. Geo thermal may be a future consideration. Think our last fill of LP here just before Christmas was ~$1.90.
« Last Edit: January 01/12/23, 03:41:39 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I think lp is the best choice for a generator out in the country. The fuel doesn't degrade.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure electric is the answer either, the ones with electric only has gotten lucky without losing power at times ( heat not stove). As far as gas ranges go I guess it's the only appliance without a vent besides the hood that's if it's directed outside, lots are not. Last summer the strib had an article on this, for testing   they enclosed the kitchen and just left it. Even a new gas range range failed, I'll stick to electric and Busch lite to seal my fate!! Lol.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea right!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: about it too!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not good.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angel:We need more wood stoves.
Wood is the original renewable resource!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
not  gas but propane

https://www.fox9.com/news/propane-tank-explosion-causes-significant-damage-to-structures-in-white-bear-lake

ugly looking fish house now
Looks like a home made cargo trailer ice house. It would be nice to know what they used for heat and how they had it set up?    :scratch: 
I used a vented propane heater in my hunting trailer I made, and it works great. Used it about 12 weekends now and I keep a bottle or soupy water to spray all the fittings down once in a while to test for leaks.   :happy1:
click-pic to see it up right.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!