Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Proposed DNR funding  (Read 1182 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
In my continuing rant about the gov stealing the budget surplus I offer this. Why does Walz think he needs to take surplus funding and give it to the DNR for hatcheries & access improvements? And why is MNFISH claiming victory for those things? Why haven't the accesses and hatcheries been maintained throughout history as a course of business? Do you expect to build a house and never commit another dollar to it? Something stinks here and it isn't fish.

On another site this was posted........

Strommen manages over 3900 employees(2020) in 6 different divisions and a General Fund budget of $331,000,000 for the 2022-23 biennium

Thats 331 MILLION DOLLARS of our tax dollars we already gave them. Considering I seldom see a CO while fishing would lead me to think the DNR is management top heavy in St. Paul.

So, 331 MILLION plus what Walz wants to steal for them plus they propose raising fees on license and tabs for boats, wheelers, snowmobiles ect. This is a monstrous money grab and everybody seems ok with it.

It's mind boggeling.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
but......isnt that what politics has become lately..............a money grab??? :pouty:

i got more of an issue with the funds already supposedly being earmarked for outdoor related stuff being syphoned into other pet projects. lackwads!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I find the willingness of others to just shrug their shoulders as if to say "well I can't do anything about it." Nobody seems to care about our money anymore.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I find the willingness of others to just shrug their shoulders as if to say "well I can't do anything about it." Nobody seems to care about our money anymore.
well i vote.......its one way......and i do spout off to the powers to be when given the chance!!!!!!

i just wish we'd get candidates that would grow a backbone and buck there parties core idealogy and run on what constitutes want!!! but those kind of people are smart enough just to stay away!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
In my continuing rant about the gov stealing the budget surplus I offer this. Why does Walz think he needs to take surplus funding and give it to the DNR for hatcheries & access improvements? And why is MNFISH claiming victory for those things? Why haven't the accesses and hatcheries been maintained throughout history as a course of business? Do you expect to build a house and never commit another dollar to it? Something stinks here and it isn't fish.

Strommen manages over 3900 employees(2020) in 6 different divisions and a General Fund budget of $331,000,000 for the 2022-23 biennium

Thats 331 MILLION DOLLARS of our tax dollars we already gave them. Considering I seldom see a CO while fishing would lead me to think the DNR is management top heavy in St. Paul.

So, 331 MILLION plus what Walz wants to steal for them plus they propose raising fees on license and tabs for boats, wheelers, snowmobiles ect. This is a monstrous money grab and everybody seems ok with it.

It's mind boggeling.
It is pretty sad what they have become.  They think the only Wildlife management they need is more folks in St. Paul then out making improvement's in the field.  Two good examples are Turkeys which they didn't want to even try because they didn't think they would make it in the cold of Minnesota.  Now they are expanding all over the state and managing themselves without any DNR management help, except nuisance calls.  And now the DNR pats themselves on the backs! The other is the Swan come back which can be accredited to the little old lady that lived on the river in Monticello feeding them every winter. Now their everywhere and the DNR are patting themselves for that too!   :bs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I love the outdoors and I’m willing to support it. But I’m not in favor of these huge price increases. More specifically, it’s because the DNR is not standing up for hunters anymore. Recreation activities have since trumped hunting and fishing. Perfect example was the wolf surgery results. Also, boat license fees are also a good indicator. With the huge increase of recreation boaters, they drive the price up making it harder for the low end fisherman in their 14’ row boats. 

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

It's mind boggeling.
It is pretty sad what they have become.  They think the only Wildlife management they need is more folks in St. Paul then out making improvement's in the field.  Two good examples are Turkeys which they didn't want to even try because they didn't think they would make it in the cold of Minnesota.  Now they are expanding all over the state and managing themselves without any DNR management help, except nuisance calls.  And now the DNR pats themselves on the backs! The other is the Swan come back which can be accredited to the little old lady that lived on the river in Monticello feeding them every winter. Now their everywhere and the DNR are patting themselves for that too!   :bs:
I didn't know cranes were not extinct when I was a young boy, now you see them all over as well.  Don't know who takes/gets credit for them.   :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally I don't care that much that the fees are going up as long as the extra money truly will help out in some way.  We buy State Park stickers for 2 vehicle every year.  The wife gets right on it and I am glad she does. BUT the price to get a day permit seems awful high to me.  There are a lot of people that won't go because of that.  They may be the people that enjoy it the most.  Cost effective wise.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

It's mind boggeling.
I didn't know cranes were not extinct when I was a young boy, now you see them all over as well.  Don't know who takes/gets credit for them.   :confused:
Wild life increase in this state is the credit of the MN DNR.   :bow:
Decreases are from Climate change and old white man over harvesting!   :rolleyes:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!