Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: go figure......  (Read 1017 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
stuff happens when its the coldest outside!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: looking at the temps sunday into monday i got to thinking of maybe putting a charger or trickle charger on the truck battery as it sits outside..........and i dont know how old it is either. its been starting in the earlier cold spell.

so o go inside and pull the knob to release it, and something didnt feel right???? anyway got it opened, yep it'll suck to replace the battery but easy enough to hook up a charger.  went to close it and wont shut completely.  :doah: sprayed WD-40....nope. go to look at the inside release........the little knobby thing connected to the cable came unhooked from the plastic release!!!!! :surrender: i looked close but didnt see and broken plastic,,,,,,,,,so that is good. without better light and not having my cheater glasses on!!!

i googled it  looks pretty simple......i hope. looks like the car comes out and truck goes in the garage and my nipco is going to get fired up. but as LPS says the retirement creed says thats tomorrows project. :confused: always something!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Clamp a Vise Grip on the cable and call it good until July.   :coffee:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea something with it not being hooked up doenst allow it to close tight....the hood would be rattling down the road. i'd hate to see the engine hood leave me!!!!!!!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea something with it not being hooked up doenst allow it to close tight....the hood would be rattling down the road. i'd hate to see the engine hood leave me!!!!!!!!!! :doah:

rattling truck and Glenn!!  what a combo!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll mail him some bale twine. That way he can tie the hood down in case it comes unhooked. No need to thank me, just the kinda guy I am!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/23, 02:10:50 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)