Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Could be done....  (Read 6266 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Here I thought all this time it was Glenn causing the problems.     :rotflmao:  Maybe I should apologize to him?   :confused:    Naw.....he must of had something to do with this.    ;)

Thanks HD.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: i dont know enough about all this tech stuff to mess anything up!!!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

but sometimes that is all it takes!!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Did anything change?  Doesn't seem like it to me.

Look at Cookies fishing report on the front page. After the server change, those "A's" appeared. I tried to fix it, but I got an error for a update on the data base. The tech-guy tried to fix the error, and the site locked up.

Just part of the headaches that goes with switching servers. We'll get it, but you may see some weird stuff going on till then.

must be some Canadian blood in the new server with "A's" on the home page!!! 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry fella's.... normally I update the article on the front page every Sunday.
But until we get this error code figured out, I'll have to wait.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy it pays to be busy fishing all weekend and not be on the phone. I didn't notice a thing. Awesome job HD!! Thank you!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
UPDATE!

Ok, the forum part of the website is working as it should for the time being.

The database on the other hand, is not. From what we are experiencing is that the database is corrupt. This means that articles can't be uploaded or edited.

The tech-guy is working with the creator of the tiny portal database to see what he can do. What we are told so far is that the files are so old that they can't be uploaded to a new database. So, we are looking at what we can save, and what we can't. We might have to start over, if we can't find a fix.

Anyways, it's still a work in progress.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
UPDATE!

Ok, the forum part of the website is working as it should for the time being.

The database on the other hand, is not. From what we are experiencing is that the database is corrupt. This means that articles can't be uploaded or edited.

The tech-guy is working with the creator of the tiny portal database to see what he can do. What we are told so far is that the files are so old that they can't be uploaded to a new database. So, we are looking at what we can save, and what we can't. We might have to start over, if we can't find a fix.

Anyways, it's still a work in progress.

the like button is gone so had to do it this way!!!   :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, the "like" button is being a little bit of a bitch as well.... funny thing is that the creators of that modification, are saying that we need to update it. It was a free mod before, but now the update will cost money.

Only thing is, if we can't fix the database, it's not worth paying for an update.

It's a vicious circle  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't either then...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all works out.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You da man HD!! Thanks for the update.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks like we may have to update the forum to a new version....hang on fella's, it may get bumpy

He's working on transferring the files. So far, no errors.... we'll see, I'll keep ya posted.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Go for it.

I thought I made a post in the Twins forum this morning and it's not there. Maybe a technical snafu or maybe I never hit post.    :confused:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The "Like" button might be broke, but the Applaud link (under each user's profile pic) still works.   :happy1:
Thanks for keeping it going.
 :Clap:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Go for it.

I thought I made a post in the Twins forum this morning and it's not there. Maybe a technical snafu or maybe I never hit post.    :confused:
:scratch: If it was after my 1st post & close to 7:45, I can still read it. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Go for it.

:scratch: If it was after my 1st post & close to 7:45, I can still read it. :confused:

Strange, it's nowhere around on my end.    :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Go for it.

Maybe the new AIBotMod feature disagreed with your post and cancelled it.   :bonk:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here's the bumpy part....

You may have to use the menu tab to find the login.
Depending on the device you use.

Yep, Dotch, he's working on the "Like" button

« Last Edit: February 02/25/23, 05:53:40 AM by tech-guy »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You ain't a kidding,  I turned the phone sideways and log in is on top, but all the threads are way on the bottom.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You ain't a kidding,  I turned the phone sideways and log in is on top, but all the threads are way on the bottom.

Yup, it's a work in progress.
Seems every time we switch servers, databases or update forums. We have a learning curve. I work with molten metal and it's a far cry from website support....I know enough to be dangerous though 😂

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We do have a like button, a little different than before.

Still under construction..... should be able to post now. Just remember to look for the login under the menu tab if using your phone.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
its all boars fault!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't need to appologize for anything.  Well done.

:kingscourt:

The nav is different on my phone, but in a good way.  The current thread updates are on the bottom now.  I don't have to resize my phone screen so much and zoom around.  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, I like that it opens up full size on the phone. I looked at a way to move the "recents" up in the column. But I don't think I can. Oh well, I think it's better than it was. I think I saw another member post about how it opened up on a phone, hopefully he likes it better too.
« Last Edit: February 02/26/23, 06:46:49 AM by HD »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
its all good HD.....just need to adapt to the change. how many busch lattes did it take!!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, I like that it opens up full size on the phone. I looked at a way to move the "recents" up in the column. But I don't think I can. Oh well, I think it's better than it was. I think I saw another member post about how it opened up on a phone, hopefully he likes it better too.
I was windering if this was possible too, but now i kinda like that it is all on the bottom for my phone.  I can speed scroll right to the bottom and find the 'recents' i am looking for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I wonder why the "Like" button only shows on certain threads.
Maybe cause they are so old? hhhhmmmmmmm.....

Trust me Glenn, a few hundred farfignewtons were said as I pulled what little hair I had left out and swilled a few beers.