Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: High Tech stuff  (Read 2047 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK so maybe not high tech to some of you but something interesting started happening on my Iphone.  Pics that were texted to me were HEIC images.  ????   I was having a hard time posting them or anything else.  SO I researched.  You all may know this already.  HEIC is High Efficiency Blah Blah.  Supposed to use less space to store images.  But noone else recognizes it so worthless it seems to me.   SO go to Settings, Got to Camera, Formats and there is two options: High Efficiency or Most Compatible.  Most Compatible is the JPEG thing as it will tell you.  Click on that.  We all just had that changed on our phones and we didn't do it.  I just did an upgrade on my ol Iphone 7 but I bet my brother never has done an update.  LOL They snuck it in there without telling us. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It always makes me scratch my head how a company can SELL you their product and then FORCE you to upgrade or the product won't work right. Just when I get use to my laptop it forces a update and changes to what I'm perfectly happy with to something I don't want or need.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup hate it.  Leave me alone, I have it figured out. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been dealing with that too and not just what's been going on lately. A while back, Google's Gmail decided not to play nice anymore with Microsoft Outlook and neglected to mention it. All the sudden the only way I could send and receive email was through Gmail directly. Took my confuser guru a while to figure it out but now I have a list of codes in case they pull that stunt again as they've threatened to do. Gmail itself sux. It's poorly organized for business dealings, attaching files is tedious, mailing lists are limited in size and it's not integrated with Microsoft Office. I once had to split my mailing list in two on Outlook because it was over the 100 address limit that Gmail required. I kept getting emails back, people didn't receive them and were getting pissed. More recently, something changed again in their settings, this time with Google itself and limited to the way it operated with my phone. It took a while to figure out what the deal was but after I did, it worked the way it was supposed to again, sort of. BTW, I can see the Donate button if I'm not logged in. Since I rarely log out, that explained that one. Log in and the Donate button goes bye-bye.   
« Last Edit: February 02/13/23, 09:33:53 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not really "High Tech stuff", more like just an FYI, but the Donate Button is still there while your logged in if you go to the orange tool bar at the top of the page & click on the home page, guys.
« Last Edit: February 02/14/23, 08:04:31 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: yea anything past turning my puter on his high tech for me!!!!!!!!1 :pouty: :banghead: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we know that, glenn!! :rolleyes:  How's that printer doing? :evil:         ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we know that, glenn!! :rolleyes:  How's that printer doing? :evil:         ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Not really "High Tech stuff", more like just an FYI, but the Donate Button is still there while your logged in if you go to the orange tool bar at the top of the page & click on the home page, guys.

Maybe on your computer but not on either this laptop or my cell phone. It's gotta be a settings thing somewhere and I simply don't have the time to diddle around trying to figure it out.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

On my laptop on the home page it's down the left-hand column a few inches. It's Green.

Maybe on your computer but not on either this laptop or my cell phone. It's gotta be a settings thing somewhere and I simply don't have the time to diddle around trying to figure it out.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Whatever works best for you, Dotch, it makes no difference to me. Basically, it's just 2 different ways to get to the homepage. I use 3 desktops, 1 here & 2 at the lake, plus 1 laptop, it works on all of those. :confused: Bet your right on the settings thing too & if I were you I would most likely do the same.
« Last Edit: February 02/16/23, 08:13:48 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's all good Gunner. Everyone's software, hardware & anti-virus/malware protection is different. As is frequently the case, so much of this gets to be trial & error. Due tothe mobility necessary to do my job, I need internet & email capability on my phone. That only complicates matters. Too many of us grew up without PC's in school. We've been playing catch up trying to play IT guy while taking time away from what we're really good at.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I could send one of my grandkids down!! :mooning: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually had a Computer Science class as a math elective when I was a junoir(72) in HS, Dotch. Back then our class just had a few keypunch terminals that were hooked to a mainframe at Mankato State. When I tell people that, most don't believe me. We even messed around with some Fortran programing as 1 of the last tests. Most peoples cell phones today make those days look like playing Tiddlywinks.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/23, 06:50:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually had a Computer Science class as a math elective when I was a junoir(72) in HS, Dotch. Back then our class just had 6 keypunch terminals that were hooked to a mainframe at Mankato State. When I tell people that, most don't believe me. We even messed around with some Fortran programing as 1 of the last tests. Most peoples cell phones today make those days look like playing Tiddlywinks.  :crazy:
Yea but aren't you about as old as a fossil? :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry: Mikey made me say it. :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Like your a spring chicken!! :doah: Bet I could get that printer workin in < 10 minutes. :mooning:  Maybe 20, if your helping. :sleazy:  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Like your a spring chicken!! :doah: Bet I could get that printer workin in < 10 minutes. :mooning:  Maybe 20, if your helping. :sleazy:  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually had a Computer Science class as a math elective when I was a junoir(72) in HS, Dotch. Back then our class just had 6 keypunch terminals that were hooked to a mainframe at Mankato State. When I tell people that, most don't believe me. We even messed around with some Fortran programing as 1 of the last tests.

I had to write a punch card computer program in college.   Damn, sadistic, :mad1: - :censored: 'er TA.  :angry:

But at least I can now say that I did it.  :happy1:  :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I do believe I had some computer classes in high school ( mid 80's) but I don't recall :smoking: . I try to hold my own nowadays but for the Technical stuff momma gets the nod.. :bow:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Gunner we appear to be the same age. I graduated in '73 also.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I must've had to take sex Ed class over when they offered computer class? :scratch: :doah:  :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no computer class when I was in school..  first time to use one was in the late 90's, DOS system...  uggggg
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I must've had to take sex Ed class over when they offered computer class? :scratch: :doah:  :rolleyes:
  No don't say it... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually had a Computer Science class as a math elective when I was a junoir(72) in HS, Dotch. Back then our class just had 6 keypunch terminals that were hooked to a mainframe at Mankato State. When I tell people that, most don't believe me. We even messed around with some Fortran programing as 1 of the last tests. Most peoples cell phones today make those days look like playing Tiddlywinks.  :crazy:
I am pretty sure that my phone has a more processing power, storage, and memory than the mainframes we had at IBM when I started there in the 60s and after the army in the mid 70's.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
why stop now?! :confused: :rotflmao: I failed it on purpose!! :smoking: :sleazy: :mooning:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I do believe I had some computer classes in high school ( mid 80's) but I don't recall :smoking: . I try to hold my own nowadays but for the Technical stuff momma gets the nod.. :bow:
My brother does most all of ours here now too. He dealt with 'em all the time for work.
« Last Edit: February 02/17/23, 01:34:37 PM by Gunner55 »