Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: RV slide out is stuck  (Read 2599 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to the storage unit to get the rv ready. When I pressed the button to move the slide out, the bottom moved but the top wouldn’t budge? I tried pushing on the slide while the wife pushed the button, but no go. Could the seal be stuck to the siding? Anyone have this happen?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be my first thought to. The seal being stuck. What type of drive mechanism is it?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it’s a Lippert through frame rack & pinion.

I’m thinking about taking a puddy knife and tray and get it between the seal and the siding.

The cargo door on my ice house use to stick pretty bad if I didn’t wax it.
« Last Edit: April 04/21/24, 03:34:17 PM by Cooperman »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
any manual over ride?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I worry about those slides.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it’s a Lippert through frame rack & pinion.

I’m thinking about taking a puddy knife and tray and get it between the seal and the siding.

The cargo door on my ice house use to stick pretty bad if I didn’t wax it.

Run the bottom out a bit and let gravity do the work when you pry on the upper side nicely. Good luck. :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been wondering how the slide project is going for you.  When we bought ours I asked if there was anything to do to it.  He said just every few years put some white grease on the long gear rods.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Going over there today and try what Markn suggested. The manual says to open and close the slide every couple months, kind of hard to do in storage. In my Google search people say to clean the seal regularly and lubricate?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never done that with any camper but I can see that would be a good idea.  Keep us informed, very much appreciated.  And good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn suggested a "Wide Load" sign... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
glenn suggested a "Wide Load" sign... :coffee:
:bonk: :bonk: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: did not!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
This guy has a lot of good content and repairs RV's for a living. Cruise through his videos and you will likely find some good info.

https://www.youtube.com/@MyRVWorks/videos

Here you go:

« Last Edit: April 04/23/24, 08:26:49 PM by Glenn_S »
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Coop, is it working yet? Asking for a friend.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
TT Yes, I Got it! What a bitch that was, I almost gave up. Used a nail puller/crowbar with a wood shim to break it free. It was stuck mostly on the one side.  It’s a pretty heavy slide, it has the stove, microwave, refrigerator, cabinets, and the theater seating on it.  Cleaned and lube the seals, works pretty good now. Next winter I think I’ll leave the slide out a little.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
happy to hear that Cooperman!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So it was the seals that were stuck to the sides?

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Did you yell at it and call it bad things? That usually helps. Glad you got it.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.