Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 182428 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so what was your first clue???   :scratch: :scratch:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:you take smartypants pills this morning Mike!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

learned from you ol buddy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

naw just having fun!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
:angel: :angel: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still some lingering showers coming across the river from WI thru the backdoor today. .15" at the ranch & .10" in Bugtussle yesterday afternoon. Same deal. A little odd to see rain coming from the east but it happens. A warmup over the weekend into next week. No frost in sight, yet. According to some weather outlets, 1st half of October could be on the wetter side. We shall see.  :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a big front with a lot of color about to hit us.  You guys must have gotten it too.  Huge front.  Could get an inch of rain from it.  Hail possible.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had .4" in the gauge when I got back to the cabin from the shed today & it'd only been raining for a 1/2 hour.
« Last Edit: September 09/29/23, 10:43:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see that. Going to call my buddy in Bemidji & see if they got any weather up there today.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just some lite rain here so far... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's dark here and pouring rain.  Thunder too.  Windy too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: There was a rather large discrepancy between our 2 gauges, so I think I might've forgot to empty 1 of 'em. :rolleyes: :bonk: Anyhow, it was ~ .8" by the time it was done.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 1.5" in mine since the last time I emptied it out.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 1/2". Nice and sunny now.  Breezy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: There was a rather large discrepancy between our 2 gauges, so I think I might've forgot to empty 1 of 'em. :rolleyes: :bonk: Anyhow, it was ~ .8" by the time it was done.
maybe one of them sky rats peed in one!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the rain gauge after I got home, .85 in it..  looked like it had rained over night..

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
.70 inches here over night. Lawn is really nice and green after fertilizing                  a month ago.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
greening up real good here too...  mound was almost dead earlier this summer...  haven't mowed it for along time so good insulation for winter now!!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is just pouring here. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at the radar, not much going on here...   enjoy the rain LPS!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother is at the cabin, bet he's not enjoying the rain!! :doah: :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
light rain just passed by here..  just enough to get things wet

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A small shower here around 11:30, then it poured for ~ 15-20 minutes between 1:30 & 2. More off to the west now, the hourly says rain from 8:30 'til at least 3, maybe 4. We should be @ 4"+ in the last 2 weeks here by morning. :crazy:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Rain? I'll have to Google that to see what that is. I think I've heard the term before.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
      Rain? I'll have to Google that to see what that is. I think I've heard the term before.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i had to this summer!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was reading and then the sun came out so we decided to go for a walk.  Radar shows nothing near us as far as rain.  Cooper and Jake ran to the ol Ford and Jake was just squealing with excitement to go for a ride.  LOL   Just got in the truck and it started raining.  Went for a ride to watch some diehards fishing and it didn't look fun with the wind and rain.  Dark clouds moved in.  Fed Bucko some oats and ran for the house.  Now the sun is shining again.  ?????
« Last Edit: October 10/06/23, 11:43:05 AM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got back from lunch & after a drizzly, rainy forenoon, the sun was out. Apparently some small showers still passing thru as it clouded up and rained just a few minutes ago. The temp dropped to 39 from 9-10 a.m. but has rebounded to about 50. Breezy & damp tho so it feels cold.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a summer of swings and misses, be interesting to see if they actually call one of these sloppy wet kisses right. Looking at the latest 7 day predicted accumulation map, we're in the 2.5" category with areas off to our west with the potential for 3". I fully expect to see them ratchet it down based on their past performances. Farmers are getting their panties in a twist already. Some think the soil is already wet after the 2" - 3" of rain we had in September & well below normal rainfall in August. Hmmm...let's see, no mud tracking on the roads, no shoving on the head when combining beans, tillage working beautifully. Time to get your butt out of the tractor cab and actually take a look. Never seen it soil sample so nice.     

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As if on cue, the NWS Prediction Center has already backed down the rainfall amounts for here. Now the fine folks from SD are supposed to receive the heavier rain. We're looking more like an inch or so spread over a couple days time. Whoopie ding. About the only thing that'll slow down is combining the few soybean fields remaining.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
keeps changing here too, not sure what we will get...   I did mow the yard yesterday just to be ahead some what...   got the peonies cut down too...   the blades on the new mower needed sharpening, so no hedge trimmer was used!!!   I like it!!!  just suks for bike riding!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Raining now. This morning's version of the forecast has us in the 1.75" - 2" range for the storm total. Falling over a couple days, it wouldn't hurt a thing. Would be a plus towards recharging the soil for spring. With partly sunny & low 50's for the high, Sunday looks like a potential day for a cruise. Might want to turn the heater valve on in the Stude tho if it starts out in the upper 30's like they're talking.   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
RAIN! I was starting to think it was a four letter word that my mama would wash my mouth out for using.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did a run to Sauk Centre just a bit ago, still a fair amount of blue sky north of here... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Light rain up until noon, a little lull, then some heavier waves thru here in the past hour. .63" in Bugtussle so far. Got a call around lunchtime from the wife at the floral shop. When I let Poppy out, the wife had me cut some 4 o'clocks that were still blooming & put them in vases. Was for an arrangement of some kind she was making. Never heard of them being used in an arrangement but I don't ask questions. With the wind driven rain it was downright raw & nasty. Speaking of raw and nasty, I'm sure I will be handsomely rewarded for my efforts...:rolleyes: 
« Last Edit: October 10/12/23, 03:46:32 PM by Dotch »