Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115280 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Winter coat feels darn good. We can smell the smoke way down here again today.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no smoke here but still cool, 48 now...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Winter coat feels darn good. We can smell the smoke way down here again today.  :doah:
:scratch: :scratch: you sure that aint from the 1 hitter Timmy gave ya!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm going to clean up when people start asking me how to grow the stuff...😵‍💫
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can have 2 lbs of harvested while also waiting for other plants to mature.  So who can use 2 lbs when more is on the way.  You may be able to retire early my friend.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: boy did this get derailed!! :doofus: :confused: :rotflmao:

Well maybe not it needs rain to grow! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: boy did this get derailed!! :doofus: :confused: :rotflmao:

Well maybe not it needs rain to grow! :rotflmao:
and caused by you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The lake was angry the first half of the day. Now it is like mirror out there.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wind has settled down here too, and a bit of direction change...  but blue skies!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got a quick 1/2" of rain with some marble size hail. The about ten minutes later round 2 with even more hail and wind this time. Up to 1.33" now.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats not good!!!   hope all is good for no damage.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
jb gets all the good hail... :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has been raining heavy duty her for awhile.  No hail thankfully.  My truck is sitting outside at the mechanics to do an oil change tomorrow.  It will be rinsed nicely.  We are at a solid 1.5" so far and still coming down hard.  No mowing the pasture for a few days. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No damage here. I have not got up yet to see what the grand total is yet. See a rainbow out over the lake now.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said on Morning thread a solid 2" here.  Didn't notice any hail.  Hope my truck didn't notice any neither.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Total of 1.68" here. We got hail in the first 2 rounds. Nothing big though. The 2nd round was quite a bit too. 3rd round was just rain. Seen some nice 🌈 over the lake between 8 and 9.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: youz guyz get all the good rain. dry as a popcorn fart here!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They had 3.6" just south of Mason City this morning.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw that blob on the radar. Year after year, what do those people do around Mason City to pi$$ off the weather gods? Good grief! Very hit and miss in these parts. Some gauges up to 4" up by Janesville. Others a paltry .14" like at the ranch or nothing at all. 🤔

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son and I went fishing yesterday evening. We started around 5:15 and within a few minutes it was raining hard. We toughed it out and it quit raining after about 15 minutes. Everything look nice and we thought we were in for a great night of fishing. Well, that lasted about 10 minutes when a howling wind came across the lake with a whiteout rain. Huge waves were breaking over the boat and then it started hailing. Fortunately it was only pea sized but it hurt any exposed skin. Needless to say, we then got off the lake.  :fish2:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, Ruud got some of that this morning but only a few sprinkles on the windshield ~ 8:30-9 when I was out here. :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so far around here it's only noise and a couple drops of rain...  grass is burning out already... 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
so far around here it's only noise and a couple drops of rain...  grass is burning out already...

Same here.....last storm missed us here by a few miles.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Clear and sun here this evening.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard @ HH that Nora Springs got ~ 2.5" yday. We could use some rain here but not if it's 2-3"in an hour. :rolleyes: Pretty sure we made 90 yday, but the humidity wasn't real bad.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 06/01/23, 06:16:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got another 1/2" last night and a front is coming from the west that is pretty dark.  Should be here soon. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All around us last night, within a few miles. More chances the next couple days. I should leave a bunch of stuff out. That should help.  :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All around us last night, within a few miles. More chances the next couple days. I should leave a bunch of stuff out. That should help.  :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: at this point i'll leave my truck windows open!!!!!!!!! :happy1: