Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115208 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
got in a bit ago from cleaning up snow.....that wind is brutal!!!!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gettin freexing rain here now. :doah: :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good place for it......i'd rather deal with the snow!!!!!!!! stay safe though bud!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

damn....supposed to hit -15 tomorrow night.....had enough of that too........anmd LPS said that stuff is over with!!!!!!  :pouty: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/23, 11:12:02 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, if it keeps it up at the present rate there won't be much of anything around here moving early tomorrow. It did look like they'd already been out treating some of the main streets when I left here ~ 8:30 though.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got in a bit ago from cleaning up snow.....that wind is brutal!!!!!!! :doah:

yes it is!!!  took out going mail out and brought back the garbage can...  yikes!!!   HH at home today!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
good place for it......i'd rather deal with the snow!!!!!!!! stay safe though bud!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

damn....supposed to hit -15 tomorrow night.....had enough of that too........anmd LPS said that stuff is over with!!!!!!  :pouty: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Yeah, sometimes I wish he'd keep his weather predictions to himself.  :tut:        ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunday is the warm weather day.  I did go out and plowed up our area here and looks much better.  The wind is cold. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Only have received an inch or so so far. Still have blizzard warning out for 6 tonight till noon tomorrow. Ash Wednesday.....crappies for supper.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been spoiled here. Dad had one of the first 4 wd pickups in the neighborhood back in the day. He had only 4 wd pickups after that and except for some company vehicles, so have I. The bad thing about 4 wd is when I get stuck, I usually do it right. 4 wd or not, ice is not your friend especially if you get hung up. Speaking of ice, think I'll adjust the pitch on the blower a tad. Am cleaning the snow right down to the ice presently. Like to leave enough so I don't fall on my butt carrying water buckets.

Starting to get our money's worth now. The wind has picked up, it's snowing hard and visibility's down to 1/4 mile. Expecting another 6" - 7" here. Not sure how I'm gonna guesstimate today's snowfall with all the wind but we'll think of something.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dotch do what the weather terrorists do.......just wing a number out there and call it good!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I might have to do that glenn altho I have some areas to reference that I cleaned off before we did chores this morning. Just got back in from checking the lambing barn & feeding a recently orphaned lamb. Was really nice in the lambing barn especially since there were no new ones. All the snow I cleaned out earlier has filled back in and then some. Will have to clean it out again before we can do chores tonite. Snowstorms with NE winds really raise hob not only here but in most area dooryards. Will probably have to clean it out in the morning too if this forecast is right. Debating whether or not to plug the tractor in by the house tonite. Would be easier than climbing over snowbanks to get to it by the barn. I'm getting enough exercise the way it is. 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck Dotch, getting kind of nasty here. I get winded walking through the drifts.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the warden back home. I think I'll head for the house and have a couple with her.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen a couple that say ~ 3" for us now.  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean this one ain't goona be as bad as the Armistice Day and Halloween blizzard all rolled into one after all?    :bonk:

:snow1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow and wind seem to have picked up in intensity that last 15 minutes. :shocked:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Made my trip to the library and the sun is so bright I put my sunglasses on.    :happy1:   Some wind here, no snow, not much of anything. But.....shhhh don't tell anybody. We want everybody to think it's -40 and snowing every day. It keep the riff raff out ya know.   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck Dotch, getting kind of nasty here. I get winded walking through the drifts.

same here....   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure if my yardstick experiment was working so well. She's leaning a smidge but registering 4.25 since yesterday,  I guess the news this morning said a little more, who knows. All I know momma gotta work out running the small chucker and shoveling,  that I heard about..lol.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya make her a cocktail???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya make her a cocktail???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
I hope she drinks something more high end  then Busch lattes!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
closing roads now in the SW part of the state....

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/blizzard-latest-mndot-closes-part-of-i-90-highways-in-southern-mn
just seen that on 511. Seen that it's pretty ugly out by Rochester too

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully they close roads in these parts, I just warned the neighbor you might hear a blower at 4:30 ish tomorrow am. I hate being that guy making racket early.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't know if the snow is suppose to get all the North to us in International Falls or not. Looking South / Southeast out my windows it seems to be getting darker. If it was summer I would be thinking rain.

I guess I'll be smarter when I wake up tomorrow.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a No Tow Zone over by Soiux Falls along with a couple small areas of ice covered roads in the middle of the state. Down by Waterloo/Cedar Falls is 1 & the other is over near the Nebraska border. Barely enough snow here to cover the sidewalk, last I looked. :happy1: :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just brought recycling out to the garage and got the junk mail  :pouty: that wind is pretty stout. Ma, myself and the 2 pooches are nice and comfy inside the house rest of the night.

More curious if we will have truck delivery tomorrow. Guess I'll find out then. Just talked to my kid, they cancelled his shift for tonight!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they cancelled my work shift too!!!    :rotflmao:

and yes it's nasty out side!!!!   not much for snowing but the wind is doing it's thing big time!!!!   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the heaviest snow will be a couple counties north of us.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman