Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 106170 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
it can do whatever the hello it wants.......i don't care. it already cancelled my fishing plans!!!!!! :pouty: so, i'm gonna pickle fish, smoke fish and eat some fish!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

see how momma nature likes me now!!!!!!!! :happy1: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Since you got nothin to do you could head over to Duluth and help shovel the mall roof. As I understand it there won't be a shortage of snow to work on for the next few days.   :popcorn:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: iffin i aint drivin to the cabin fishin aint driving there either.....obvoiusly you didnt read my itinerary very well!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and they were really happy to hear at the store i'll be there tomorrow morning and monday!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
it can do whatever the hello it wants.......i don't care. it already cancelled my fishing plans!!!!!! :pouty: so, i'm gonna pickle fish, smoke fish and eat some fish!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

:scratch: Think I might be able to catch a tan tomorrow now.  :nerd:    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/23, 07:10:26 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Think I might be able to catch a tan tomorrow now.  :nerd:    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
how's that ??? :scratch: one of your Inger gals got a tannin bed!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking:   ;) :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
by the way Dutchy...how's them threads over on IDO you started doing??? :sleazy: :evil: :surrender: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been saying lite rain here all afternoon, nothing so far...   still saying 1 to 3 inches here yet.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: I heard they moved.......................... up by the store in Spring Lake. Somebody said they were asking where Dallas Lane was. :sleazy:  :evil:       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/23, 07:27:26 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well did the weather ever change fast here!!!  8am a lite mist, 830 snow and rain, now all snow and lots of wind!!!  still saying 1 to 3 here...   only time will tell!!!   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
by the way Dutchy...how's them threads over on IDO you started doing??? :sleazy: :evil: :surrender: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

They're still plugging along. Every once in a great while people will understand the threads are to make them think on their own instead of following the herd. But, I'm sure Crappie will chime in and then send a PM to get them killed.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out about 9 only to find a light glaze on everything, so it was walk like a penguin time. Had a little graupel ;) 'bout that time too. Came in & called the neighbor at 10. He asked about the weather, so I took a peek & it had started to snow lightly. It picked up by 10:30 & is still coming down. Now, the WWA says snow 'til 6 pm with up 4" expected.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did decide to plow.  Had a lot of drifting in the driveway but the wife made it out.  I also plowed the feedlot and there was a lot of snow there.  Thought I better get it all done in case we do get a big amount on top of what was already on the ground.  Now I can feel good to just read the rest of the day. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad its raining instead of snowing.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Still just wet here but I noticed schools are closing just west of Mankato.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rocori here in town closed at 1;05!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I did decide to plow.  Had a lot of drifting in the driveway but the wife made it out.  I also plowed the feedlot and there was a lot of snow there.  Thought I better get it all done in case we do get a big amount on top of what was already on the ground.  Now I can feel good to just read the rest of the day. 
:scratch: Thought you were turning off the snow machine for the 5th or 6th time already, LPS?? :confused: Too bad it's not electric, that way you could just unplug it.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
After this week things will be changing for the better I am confident.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: My 10 day has snow in it twice next week, Wednesday & Thursday. :nerd:  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After this week things will be changing for the better I am confident.   :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Dutchy dont believe you!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dutchy don't care he is leaving for Kansas City Sunday.

BTW we are getting pummeled here today, nearly 3/4" on the ground and 25 degrees.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy don't care he is leaving for Kansas City Sunday.

BTW we are getting pummeled here today, nearly 3/4" on the ground and 25 degrees.  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: gonna go party with Mahomes!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Only way I'll ever get to see a Super Bowl trophy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Maybe he'll let you drive his Maserati too. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still light drizzle here with the temp around 33. Northwest wind picking up with rain changing to sleet, with snow coming by around 4 p.m. We lost a lot of snow overnight with it staying above freezing and even more today with the rain. We do seem to have more snow yet in the vicinity of the ranch. Tomorrow and Saturday look like $hitters but it rallies some on Sunday into next week and gets us back into the 40's with some measurable precip by Wed. again. Should be warm enough to be rain.  🤞
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow has pretty much stopped here, but the wind is still having fun!!  I don't think we got that much but the drufts sure have grown!!!   so I'll be be on clean up duty again tomorrow... 

I see mn 511 is very colorful to the SW corner of the state...  several roads closed already... 
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 04:54:35 PM by mike89 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It ain't doing chit here, that's ok tho. Started raining bout 9 this mornin and was a pretty good soaker. The wind picked up and temps have dropped so looking like a slip sliding away commute in the morning. One thing, when momma shoveled off the dance floor out back through out the winter she made huge piles. Being the north side i won't see grass til who knows when.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just came back in from round 2 of snow cleanup. mainly the burm the city left.  :doah: man that was wet and heavy. had i waited till moring i would of needed my ice auger and chisel!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i just took the big stuff out.

thhe rest of the driveway......hows the old saying.........he who putt there can take it away Ith!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As posted in the GM thread, .11" of rain with a trace of snow was all we had here. Did some preliminary frost depth checking around the yard yesterday. Where we drive the Gator during chores and make ruts, the frost was down about 4" from the surface, about the same depth as the ruts. Imagine that! That's on sod. South of the house on a south facing slope, most places no frost at all whether it's under sod or bare soil in the garden. Where snow has sat all winter, no frost there either. No surprise but you don't know until you check. It's frozen again on top where there's no snow cover this a.m. but you can bet once it warms up again, the frost will come back out quickly especially if it rains as predicted midweek. Then I can plant radishes!  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got back from Moms cleaning up her snowy mess........hwy 23 isnt all that nice. seems like wherever the wind could blow across the road was treacherous!!!! not going anywhere today!!!!!!1 i g ot food and beer no need to!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I took the day off of work to get some normal chores done and clean up the 4" we got yesterday....I hope I'm done for a while, tired of this crap.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the day off of work to get some normal chores done and clean up the 4" we got yesterday....I hope I'm done for a while, tired of this crap.

2nd that!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Snowing again here, not sure when it started but I couldn't see much out on the bay a 1/2 hour ago. Peeked out back too & think we've probably got the 1" predicted already. :rolleyes: