Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115170 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They get all the good rain up north... :pouty:

Spoke too soon about the smoke on the Good Morning thread. Most of the afternoon it looked about like the smoldering trash fires they used to have at the Spring Valley dump when I was a kid. When the wind was out of the SW it blew across our farmstead frequently.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Windy here and sprinkling.  Almost had to turn the wipers on when I went and did recycling this morning. 59 degrees out.  A cool morning.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read todays forecast.  The air is going to be poor as far as smoke etc is concerned.  I seem to have to clear my throat more often lately and maybe that is why.  ???

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We had one of the dogs at the vet yesterday. My wife asked about excessive panting. The vet said that there’s been an uptick in people asking about that whenever there’s been a smoke alert.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was looking at the radar, there was a small rain shower by us...  it's here!!!  1st rain in awhile... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all done   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went and got the steel and windows etc for the barn in the Falls.  On the way home we got hit with hail so I slowed down to almost stopping.  It was hitting so hard that we couldn't talk cuz it was so loud.  We got just shy of an inch in the rain gauge.  Looks like we may get another shot in awhile.  Thankfully it didn't dent the tough Ram as far as I can tell.  Was just waiting for the windshield to break.  That would be disastrous.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Small hail and some rain just moved through here, 20 miles north of Grand Rapids. Looks like we’re on the southern edge of that cell. According to radar, we get another chance around 8:00.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry always gets all the hail.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that your cabin FW or where you live.  None of my business but just curious.  You are near Glenn and Gunner.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hail,Barry, full of grace……,

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that your cabin FW or where you live.  None of my business but just curious.  You are near Glenn and Gunner.
We spend about half the time here year around. I still need to be in the Twin Cities area for business purposes. Maybe some day I’ll just have to retire.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice.  I do like Gunner and Glenns area too. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hail,Barry, full of grace……,
Full of grapes

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some small, nickel/dime sized hail, here ~ 3:30. Close to another 1/4" then, more ~ 6, & more on it's way. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
While at work it stormed here at home this afternoon. Ended up with 1.64" of rain.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Just a shade over 1" in our gauge this morning. :happy1: The video of the tennis ball sized hail in Itasca County yday was shot on Little Jessie Lake, which is just 9 miles east of us. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a shade under 1" for us.  Power was off 'til 4AM.  Lots of limbs down in the neighborhood - more than the areas just a half mile or so away.  We must have gotten blasted by powerful blast of straight line wind. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch!!  not good

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not good at all Steve.  None of our garden stuff looked like it got pelted at all.  Was just in the grocery store and the guy there lives right in town and he said 2 waves of hail came through town.  One was hail he said nickel to quarter size for a couple of minutes.  Completely leveled his garden stuff.  We were lucky too it sounds.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Could have been a lot worse.  We are good, but there are some neighbors still without power.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What area is that SO.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
NE metro, White Bear Lake.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a shade over 1" in our gauge this morning. :happy1: The video of the tennis ball sized hail in Itasca County yday was shot on Little Jessie Lake, which is just 9 miles east of us. :crazy:
Where is the video? I looked and my brother's place is just south east of little jessie lake on the north side of little Bowstring. Our camper is sitting there. Hoping that didn't get hammered on.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Where is the video? I looked and my brother's place is just south east of little jessie lake on the north side of little Bowstring. Our camper is sitting there. Hoping that didn't get hammered on.
hot damn JB your like 7-8 miles south of our cabin.......we've fished little jessie!!!!!!

we got no hail at the cabin!!!!!!!1 :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

here ya are JB!!!   nasty stuff!!!