Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115069 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Another day of severe clear. Hurt me some more! :cool: Saw the temp on the Buick reach 51 yesterday afternoon coming back from Owatonna. Snow's all gone and the ewes were grazing on the sidehill south of the house. Geese overhead heading north this morning. Looks more like April. Can almost taste those January planted radishes which reminds me, I better get my February planting done... :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure it hit 60 down in Des Moines by about 2 when we got back on the road yday. Another upper 50 day tomorrow & I'm seeing low 60's for next Monday & Tuesday here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
44 and mostly sunny here at the moment....      :happy1:  motion lotion is still $2.99
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Topped out around 51 in my travels yesterday afternoon. When I got out of the sunshine or down by St. Olaf Lake, it tapered off a few degrees. Was 46 in Waseca & Owatonna where it stayed cloudier, with 52 in Albert's Leaf where it was sunny. Presently 43 in Waseca with 45 in Owatonna & Albert's Leaf. Had to open the windows on the car to keep the groceries from getting too warm before pulling for home & some lunch. 😋
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is so frigging warm here you have to find shade to stand in.  It is 44 now.   :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Back from a fruitless effort trying to corral a ewe to put her in a pen. Gave up & went back to town. She can lamb outside & we'll pick up the pieces later. It was 53 on the Buick thermometer on my way back in to Bugtussle. I got things to do. Eff it.  :angry: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Back from a fruitless effort trying to corral a ewe to put her in a pen. Gave up & went back to town. She can lamb outside & we'll pick up the pieces later. It was 53 on the Buick thermometer on my way back in to Bugtussle. I got things to do. Eff it.  :angry:

sounds like one that wants to go to market!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If she keeps it up, she'll get her wish!  :angry:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If someone had told me ewes would still be trying to lamb outside in February after they were shorn, I would've told them they were nuts. Got yesterday's problem solved with a set of twins, inside the barn. Topped out yesterday at 50 in Waseca with 52 in Owatonna & Albert's Leaf. There have been plenty of warm winters in the past altho there are differences in numbers & positioning of thermometers, not to mention the amount of asphalt, etc. creating heat islands. As a result, we're not always measuring apples to apples. 

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/climate/journal/1877_1878_winter.html?s=03   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost 60 here tomorrow & close to 70 on Monday, 58 & 67 forecasted. But it may not make 30 on Wednesday. :crazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
38 and sunny with north winds about 15mph

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are having a blizzard right now.  Must have a couple of inches and it is blowing like crazy.  Gonna be 55 this afternoon they say.  I will believe it when I see it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It doesn't look like we got any at the lake.................so far.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We had some sprinkles yesterday afternoon but nothing more. Windy as all get out today then supposed to get ugly tomorrow & tomorrow nite. Snow single digit lows. with 20 degrees Wed. rebounding to upper 40's Thursday. Then steadily working its way towards almost 70 on Sunday. Could see some small grain put in as a result for those who have been thinking about it the past couple years but nixed the idea when it was corn planting time.   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Sun is shining here at the moment but that is all supposed to change later today.  Calling for 55-60 today and Tues night supposed to be -11. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
66 here in God's Country!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
55 and partly cloudy here...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
70 in Albert Leaf

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably why! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Put some wood on that fire young man. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Well it was nice while it lasted. 58 here right now. 2-4 inches expected overnight. Strong NW winds tomorrow morning. BLIZZARD conditions tomorrow morning here. Kids here didn't have school today because fire caused no water pressure. Probably won't have it tomorrow either. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bet there are some happy kids in Hawley.

70 in Owatonna as well. Izzat a marshmallow I see smoldering in the ashes glenn?  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Put some wood on that fire young man.
:happy1: :rotflmao: it's a work in  progress.

Dotch ain't that on the list? :doah: if not it should be! :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it was nice while it lasted. 58 here right now. 2-4 inches expected overnight. Strong NW winds tomorrow morning. BLIZZARD conditions tomorrow morning here. Kids here didn't have school today because fire caused no water pressure. Probably won't have it tomorrow either. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
Wow where us that?  :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Halfway between Moorhead and Detroit Lakes.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.