Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115161 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
it's getting a bit whiter here too...
same here!!!!!!! i aint pulling my snowblower out for no amount of snow no more!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

i briefly looked at the extended.........looks like we could be in for some precip before easter.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So windy out on the lake I can't tell if it is snowing or just blowing around.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Brown & bare here with the wind still at it. Occasional sideways flurries but no accumulations. Colder week ahead, more seasonal temps with some snow. Was tempted to take the chains off the tractor but then I looked at the calendar. The people who thought planting corn in mid-March was a good idea may find out the hard way.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the long range forecast I'm thinking might be backing off on not using his snow blower!!!   any where from 6 or 7 inches to over 12 inches from Thursday into the next week...    it's still March!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the long range forecast I'm thinking might be backing off on not using his snow blower!!!   any where from 6 or 7 inches to over 12 inches from Thursday into the next week...    it's still March!!!
Where dat Mike?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Where dat Mike?  :scratch:

10 day forecast from the weather channel....   

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/92290d2d9d5714b6b61c7f44ade35143fb54c3dc3761bba806860d204b188053

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: i'll believe it when i see it!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

that's my thinking too....    :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It's still early but last nights news claimed snow north and rain south. My phone apps are yapping 1-3 on Thursday and maybe the same Saturday with rain into the following week. We need it but time will tell.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good place for it. :sleazy: :evil:      :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
White here today and high in the 20's.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Monitoring the weather closely right now. Will likely mess around this week and stay slightly below normal temperature-wise. Looking like there's potential for a winter storm over the weekend. It could bring some welcome precip. It could also bring a fair amount of snow, like a foot or more judging by the predicted precip amounts and forecast temperatures.

This is not unprecedented. Snowstorms during MN high school basketball tournament season have been a longstanding tradition. In 1974, our high school team was playing in the districts at Rochester. The weather had been warm prior to that. Visions of early corn planting were dancing in farmers' heads. We were in shirtsleeves and had the windows rolled down on the pep band bus. It was hot in the gym during the game. Not long afterwards the weather switched gears and we had several significant snowstorms.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes 4-6 inches expected here starting Sunday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!  :party1: :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker; :snow5: :snow5: :snow2: :snow4: :snow3:

:sleazy: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bite yer tongue, knave! We like it just fine the way it's been. :angry: Looking like potential for 3" - 7" here Thursday nite, followed by a more nebulous forecast starting Saturday nite. Looks like it'll be packing more moisture but likely be snow changing over to rain then back & forth between the two. Lovely. I'll take boring and warm, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/24, 09:29:19 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only talking 1 to 3 inches here Thursday night, but then Sunday night to Tuesday morning!!!    8 to 15 inches as of now...  will be interesting where we end up for a final total... 

wind is kicking up good today!!   glad it's not snowing with it!!!   
« Last Edit: March 03/19/24, 10:02:50 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man these weather terrorists are all over the place!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :doah:

i'll say this.....the moisture will be a good thing!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup.....snow on the way.....6-8 inches here by next Tuesday.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
NWS saying 2" - 5" for tomorrow nite into Friday a.m. here then it could get real.

The bad news: Precip maps are saying our liquid equivalent totals starting Saturday nite thru Tuesday are for ~2". If it dumps their predicted liquid equivalent of .25" tomorrow nite, that leaves 1.75" for over the weekend into Tuesday. If, and that's a big if, it all falls as snow it could mean somewhere in the range of 20".

The good news: Temps should be moderate. As a result, the forecast is calling for a rain/snow mix at times. That might help keep the snow accumulation down some.

More bad news: Sunday thru Monday nite, ESE winds will be sustained between 20 - 30 mph, gusting at 35 - 40 mph, making the potential for power outages greater.     

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW.....revised forecast from Wunderground.com

Yup.....It's state BB tournament time. Another snow storm on the way.

2 in tomorrow
5 in. Sunday
6 in Monday
2 in Tuesday
That's now 15 inches by Tuesday. We need the moisture but that's a lot at 1 time. If there is wind I will need a bobcat to clean the driveway!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/20/24, 03:48:23 PM by KEN W »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We were planning on heading back home on Sunday or Monday as we had an appointment in Mason City on Wednesday but yday that appointment got moved to a week later. Now we need to be back home by Wednesday so we can go to Marshalltown on Thursday for a real early appt, 7 something, on Friday. :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As mentioned on the Good Morning thread, our weekend forecast is trending more towards liquid precipitation. The latest forecast total liquid equivalent amount for the week is still ~2", with maybe 6" - 7" of that being snow. The ground has a shallow frost layer in places but that should disappear in a hurry, especially if temperatures warm above freezing Sunday and into the low 40's by Monday. They're sticking with the 35 - 40 mph ESE wind gusts however so we'll likely burn thru a bunch of bedding in the barn. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Flipped on TWC. Man, they seem to think we are going to get nailed. Pretty early to get too worked up about forecasts IMO.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Flipped on TWC. Man, they seem to think we are going to get nailed. Pretty early to get too worked up about forecasts IMO.
Ole Sven on  bring me the news reported the NWS is saying the same thing. Saying g something like tread carefully this weekend.

There yapping 3-6 here.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They've kind of backed off our forecast now. Snow starting Sunday but <1" & going through the day Tuesday. With 1-3" for Sunday night, Monday, Monday night, & Tuesday but early this morning they had it at 3-5" on Monday & Monday night. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
big ole white flakes coming down now!!!!!!! :snow4: :snow2: :snow3: :snow5:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not much here, get the snow blower ready Glenn!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
changed that fast!!!  getting whiter now...   :rotflmao:   bring it on!!! 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I just looked out my window. Nothing. I looked east. Maybe I'll look out a west facing window.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.