Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 139350 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea Glenn. I feel like pulling mine up and burying them. Put them out of their misery! I hate waking up and looking at the miserable things.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those are some real beauties roony. Just can't imagine why they look like that. :scratch: Maybe it'll warm up to 75 this afternoon ahead of the next band of showers but so far, it's struggling to make 70 degrees. Oh well, at least it's cloudy. :doah: I gotta post some shots of my peppers for comparison purposes. They're special...:rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just started pouring again!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good idea Glenn. I feel like pulling mine up and burying them. Put them out of their misery! I hate waking up and looking at the miserable things.
i thought the same thing Roony.....yesterday while at runnings they have a 50% off all plants. i looked at the tomatoes they had left.....they didnt look much better.

i'm hoping for a rebound!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That should perk those tomatoes up roony! Glancing at the Buick out the window, it's wet again & getting wetter. Paperwork day. Was at The Willows for lunch. I see they put the finishing touches on their new deck just ahead of it. Looks nice.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't been there for over two years.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We'll have to change that sometime. Cheese and rice! We got another thunderstorm heading this way, rather loudly I might add...:coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No rain here.  Must be that clean livin! :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had another small shower after lunch here too & it still looks kind of rainy off to the west. I dumped a shade over .9" late this morning, when it looked like it might be done.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had some rain on the lid to the burn barrel early again & I found another .4" in the gauge, so that's 1.3" in
 ~ the last 24 hours.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:06:13 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully they can rebuild and make it even better. Kinda wish I'd made it there before all this happened. It would make a great place to cruise sometime if they can swing it.

Another .19" of rain at the ranch & .18" in Bugtussle in the past 24 hrs. Most of that was from about 10 minute's worth yesterday afternoon. Unless it tops it off overnite tonite doubtful, we'll close the books on this June's precip at the ranch at 13.98". Bugtussle should finish at roughly 14.67", give or take a hundredth. All this rain has made a real mess of things on many fronts, from the dam area to farmer's fields and on down the line. Likely won't see quite so many new pickups come fall.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
How does crop insurance work in cases like these? Is the farmer covered against crop loss due to the monsoons of June?

Just curious as I know nothing about the types of insurance a farmer would have or not have.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read somewhere and maybe it was from Dotch.  Farmers are hoping to get hailed out so they can get insurance to at least get something and put an end to it all. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How does crop insurance work in cases like these? Is the farmer covered against crop loss due to the monsoons of June?

Just curious as I know nothing about the types of insurance a farmer would have or not have.

I'm not a crop insurance guy but have plenty of friends who are both selling it and adjusting the claims. I'll try to explain it as simply as I can. Most farmers carry an RMA (Risk Management Agency) policy that covers based on the %-age of their APH, actual production history over a 10 year span I believe. Some carry a bushel based policy and others a price-based policy. Most carry 80 - 85% coverage on the guaranteed price program but have the option to buy up to 95% as some did. A lot of them did it at the time because they were betting after last year and the way the winter went, we'd be facing a drought. Total opposite but bonus! They're covered anyway. Those people who did are sleeping a little better at night especially with the lower commodity prices. Hail insurance can be bought separately as the RMA doesn't cover hail or wind damage below the percentage bought. Takes a pretty nasty beating to collect on it as I understand and the payout isn't as good as it is with hail insurance. Hail insurance starts paying once your deductible is met. Wind damage insurance is something that you can add to the hail policy you buy on corn. Not all carry hail insurance. It tends to be more popular in areas that get hit with hail more routinely. Generally it's more likely to pay on soybeans as they're more vulnerable. We've had more catastrophic wind events however so some are carrying it more commonly on their corn as well. Glad I don't sell insurance. It's almost as involved as trying to figure out the kinds of food glenn won't eat.  :coffee:

https://legacy.rma.usda.gov/help/faq/basics.html

https://www.rma.usda.gov/en/Policy-and-Procedure/Insurance-Plans
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:57:37 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hearing the forecast for this week is not one I want to see...   one forecaster is saying large amounts of rain potentially...   not what anyone wants to hear I'm thinking...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It looks ugly fer sure here. 1-2 inches predicted tomorrow nite, another half to three quarters Tuesday, a break on Wednesday then rain again on the 4th with some lingering into Friday.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:56:58 AM by Dotch »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks ugly fer sure here. 1-2 inches predicted tomorrow nite, another half to three quarters Tuesday, a break on Wednesday then rain again on the 4th with some lingering into Friday.
Let's not just sit here, let's change that before our fireworks get wet!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Don't you have some sasquatch to photograph?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: Today at 09:31:59 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: i'm mot seeing much for rain till later in the week?????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: Today at 10:13:47 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just what forecast you looking at, Bubba?  :scratch:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.4558&lon=-94.4274
:rotflmao: apparently not that one!!!  :rolleyes:

i'll believe it when i see it happening!!!!  :surrender: :scratch: