Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 183149 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tim over at the BStore said he had 1.5" & had heard reports of 2" from people on Bowstring.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB said rain afternoon.  Got our mowing done and it started light rain at 12:30.  Still doing it. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got both pasture fences sprayed. Great day for it as the light wind was the right direction, temp ~80 & humidity ~80%, weeds actively growing and it wasn't raining. Both fences needed it. Also allowed me to go hunting for burdocks in the neighbor's pasture afterwards with straight 2,4-D rather than the witch's brew I use on the fence. Broadleaf weeds I sprayed at 11:30 this a.m. at home were already folding up shop by 3 p.m. when I returned. Only predicting lighter amounts of rain here tonite, tomorrow & tomorrow nite, tenth to a quarter for each of those times. Air is really juiced tho so wouldn't surprise me if we got dumped on again.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is humid here. We took care of yard work both here and the place in town. Time to hit the showers and chill.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I'm gonna jump on the lawnmower now I've peeled the soggy clothes off, cooled down & rehydrated. Bring on those cooler temps & lower humidities!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Think I'm gonna jump on the lawnmower now I've peeled the soggy clothes off, cooled down & rehydrated. Bring on those cooler temps & lower humidities!  :happy1:
same here.... :happy1: for not really knowing what i was going to do today.......got lotz done! :happy1: sprayed weeds. picked garden stuff and cut the lawn.........man that shower felt good.............enough is enough fer one day!!!!!! :surrender: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finished mowing everything except the backyard but today puts me in position to get it done more easily before I leave for The Great White North. Just lit the grill a minute ago. OMG is it humid outside! 94% RH right now, dead calm & 75 degrees. Ish! Raining lightly but should pass thru shortly according to radar. It gave me time to make a G&T during the rain delay, something I usually don't do on a Sunday nite. Like you glenn, I was pleased with the accomplishments of the day. Gotta celebrate those little victories, not overdo it, & be ready to answer the bell again in the morning.  :coffee:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Patio was wet this morning behind the house garage when I stepped outside with the dog and cat. A shot of lightening too. Sure felt nice after the past couple of days. :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain here and some very distant sounds

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just a dab of precip overnite, .02" at the ranch & '01" in Bugtussle. We're supposed to get some substantial rain tonite again, upwards of an inch according to the NWS. This after backing down from a forecast that included rain spread over the better part of the day & tonite. Let's hope their track record starts to improve soon. Predicting .25" and receiving 3+" doesn't exactly build a lot of confidence in their abilities. :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We're at 2" and it's still coming down. Mowing tomorrow isn't looking good. Front yard is under water. :mad1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
less than an inch so far here

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
1 1/2 here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
over an inch now...  and still raining...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nutten here

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you guys are really getting wet.  Nothing here.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home. Looks to be about 3” in the rain gauge now and still coming down. Enough already. Pictures are from both sides of the driveway. :surrender:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nothing here yet. NWS raised the forecast amount for tonite to 1 to 2 inches however. roony will get 1" & we'll get 2"+.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
at least 2 inches now and a large pool of water in my yard...   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Appears to quit raining here. This should be enough for awhile. 3.6”. :surrender:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Tornado Warning here now. It sure is rumbling out there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it stopped for a bit about 12;30..........started again as we were headed to st cloud. on the way home water in the ditches all over......not sure what i ended up with..........that'll be a project for tomorrow.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Tornado Warning here now. It sure is rumbling out there.

seen that roony!!  you folks down there take care!! 

ended up with just over 2 1/2 inches of rain here...  water every where ...   oh well...

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Roony, Dotch, TT, and anyone else in the neighborhood.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Roony, Dotch, TT, and anyone else in the neighborhood.
yeppers......same here. tighten up the belts on your bloomers!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You got that right roony. It rumbled and grumbled quite a while before it got down to business. 49 mph gust at Waseca around 7 p.m. I was looking for anything peculiar in the rotation dept. I don't use my skywarn spotter number very often but keep it handy just in case. Looked like ~1.6" - 1.7" in the gauge but it was still raining. Still gusting to 38 mph I see. Some branches down but could've been a lot worse. Not sure exactly where the tornado sighting was.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure if it was straight line winds or a tornado but quite a bit of damage around me. Our place ain't too bad.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My cousin's place next door

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ouch. At least he was smart enough to have sold the corn or beans that were in it. Not a good time to lose bin though. Lots of bins being built right now. Suspect we'll see lots of corn leaned too. Had that discussion with a customer today.